The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: So its finally time for Bodywork and Paint!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 179
    wow that looks great! very clean work and attention to detail, wish i had a shop local to me like that without charging an arm and leg.
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    damn man... a lot of work done since ive seen it last week...if you need a hand on the reasemble to get it done in time for next week let me know....if im off i will try to come through

that looks great Brian. Can't wait to see more
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

I cant wait til you finish this thing dude.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Ok so it is finally PAINTED!!!

Now some good news and some bad news. The good news, even with large flakes, the color laid down very evenly and smooth. The bad news is yesterday I asked the painter if he wanted to shape the sideskirts now or wait until after the car was painted, he didnt want to do it then, so he said to wait until it was painted. We baked the car for two 45 minute cycles at 150 degrees in order to get it to cure. The painter tells me an hour later that he wants to test fit the sideskirts, we do and bam it scratches the bottom part of the fender. Not a big deal because once its installed, it covers the scratch, but he is going to fix it tomorrow anyway. Even after baking it twice, the clear is still soft, so we need to give it a few days.The next issue as we are taking all the masking tape off, we see a small dent in the right front door, WTF!!!! We spent 15+ hours wetsanding this car with guide coat, when I left last night, where wasnt a single flaw on this car. So then one of the prep guys fessed up that he was trying to clean the roof and he leaned up against the car, but he said he didnt notice a ding or else he would have told us before we painted it. The good news is, the ding is above the door reinforcement bar but below the body line, so we have full access to it from inside the door, we are going to have a paintless dent removal guy take it out on monday, so that will be gone. More good news, this clearcoat is AMAZING. Its worth every god damn penny. The shine this car has straight out of the booth is insane. My first 8g and this one never shined like this, even after a full polish/detail. I could honestly say that if I wanted to, I could skip wetsanding and compounding the clear coat and just leave it as it, thats how well it shines. Being that the paint is still "soft", my plan on starting re-assembly tomorrow has been changed. I am not touching this damn thing til monday, I want to wait at least 48 hours for that clear to really cure.

So here are some pics.

this is the acura basecoat being applied...

damn even after an hour or so of cleaning, the engine bay is still FILTHY

and after a base of acura silver, 3 bases of the mclaren silver and 3 coats of clear

this roof was sooo dinged up before, now its perfectly smooth..

if you look at the front of the fender, you can see how sparkly the finish is, even with this crappy camera
    Last edited by Stewi; 11-13-2008 at 09:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

looking hot man the sparkle will be damn good noticible hahaha shine on boy
    MITSUBISHI GALANT 4 LIFE TRUE PERFORMANCE

WOW!!! I can't believe i am only now seeing this thread! way sick bro! I will have to keep an eye on this

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Coming along nicely Brian. Good job dude.

impressed... which my paint was that well done..
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

fap fap fap fap
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

damn dude that is a great finish! gonna me straight sex when its all said and done
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Quote Originally Posted by Ivory8g View Post
    damn dude that is a great finish! gonna me straight sex when its all said and done
    Yea, its just foreplay now...lol

Looking great!

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    amazing came out super clean
    03 I4

WOW, that is pure sex

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    The paint job looks really good so far...can't wait till you get it all put together and see the final product.

All these new paint jobs recently I have seen...really really makes depressed that I can't get one right now.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    nice

wow very nice... i like the engine bay the most so far :)
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

Nice...I sure wish I could play my own xbox right now...
    Love,
    Matt

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VegasMatt View Post
    Nice...I sure wish I could play my own xbox right now...
    LOL

Matt your son is NASTY at COD4. I was having a little bit of a hard time keeping up. He was always the top score, but I went 3 whole matches without dieing.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

looks great brian!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast