The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: So its finally time for Bodywork and Paint!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Showing results 81 to 100 of 179
    You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    Soon there will be more photos....

I keep leaving my camera at the shop because I dont want to forget to take the pics. I did take about another 20 pics. All thats left to do is put on the front bumper, headlights, grille and install the rest of the interior trim like the pillar covers and stuff, and the seats. I am having a bitch of a time fabricating seatbelt buckle mounts for the new seats, so I might have to rock stock seats for a little bit until I can really fabricate something im happy with.
    did you see mine brian? its a pretty basic idea...just drill a hole in the part of the bracket you want to use, then weld(doesnt need to be though obviously) a nut under the hole. and use the stock belt bracket in that location.

i will take a pic tomorrow if your not sure what im talking about

also just fyi, i know you were planning on getting them eventually. the 3g eclise belts for the back will not just bolt on. the brackets are different. you will have to somehow get the eclipse belt on the galant bracket...its probroblly pretty easy to do but i havent gotten off my lazy ass to do it lol...i really dont have people in the back often either so there is no real incentive to do it either... i will one day though lmao

the front belts however fit fine

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Craig the issues with the seat brackets isnt a matter of me not being able to make a bracket, its an issue of there is 1/4" between the seats thigh bolster and the center console. I need to make something with a pretty complex angle/curve, to get right into that opening, but wont rub against the seat.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Pics Stewi!! PICS!!!! LoL Can't wait to see a full shoot of everything when its done. So with that said HURRY UP!!!! :)

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    ahh i figured that that was probroblly the situation...but wasnt sure since i havent seen the seats in the car.

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Brian how far are you with the assembly?

ok so this will be the final update before the completely finished product is posted...

Bumpers, sideskirts and trim pieces, mirrors, moldings, egr visor, etc being painted

new glass

new carpet ftw....trimming it with dull scissors...ftl. Please if you do this, buy a good sharp pair of carpet shears, you will be happy you spent the $25 on them.

center console notched out around the seatbelt buckle brackets, finally it fits

new gauge bezel I made, it came out good until we painted it. I must have had some not totally dry resin in there, once we baked it in the booth, that shit got all wavy, fine for now, soon to be CF. All the interior bezels/door switch trims are EVO MR Graphite Gray

sideskirts on. I still gotta do a little work in the back part where it goes under the door, it kinda chipped it because the door is a little low, that will be resolved tomorrow when we adjust all the panels to get good lines.

anywhere you see dull, like under the sidemarker is either dust, or a spot we wetsanded to get a clear run out, again, this will be gone once the car is polished...

gotta take her to the exhaust shop either wednesday or friday and get the pipe centered and have a nice polished tip put on...

did I mention that I LOVE this grille...

well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

very nice. but now you also look like my twin. atleast you didnt paint the foglights black

Last edited by qnz; 11-24-2008 at 11:08 PM

oh god. its going to look spectacular.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    very nice. but now you also look like my twin. atleast you didnt paint the foglights black

I wont be your twin after winter I promise. I have some serious CF work in the works.

I also shaved the front plate mount. Once I get pulled over a few times and get sick of paying tickets, I will make a bracket that mounts it between the FMIC and the driver side foglight
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

outstanding...can't wait for the finished pics!

Proto
    Brian your car has came a LONG way since the MD meet back in 04. Major props for the outstanding work.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    twins!

holy crap brian, i cant wait to see this thing on the rollers after its all said and done. please get some videos of that bitch rolling as well. she looks incredible so far. i have to pm you about this cf work as i know im a cf nut as well.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    wow that car is amazing. nice work

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    im glad its goin so well for you man.. its come a long way from wut i can c and i cant wait for when i roll into ny when this shit is done.. and o yea ill go 2 another ny meet as long as we dont play pool lmao
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

looks awesome Brian. I wanna see it with all the CF
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Modified
    Very nice. Wish I had the money to do some work like that.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjaydeeone View Post
    looks awesome Brian. I wanna see it with all the CF
    LOL

No CF til spring......
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

pics still dont do this paint justice.....looking great brian, cant wait to see it all together in person

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast