The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4g64 dohc swapped turbo

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 91

4g64 dohc swapped turbo

im in the process of doing a dohc hyundai headswap and a turbo to the g along with the vrg kit and shaved engine bay and wire tuck ...heres my progress so far ill keep u updated and i hope u will help me out if i get stuck with the headswap thanks ..heres some pics
    edit pics added ...
    my motor with the hyundai head on it i paint stripped it and shaved the dohc16v off it head still has to b sent out and cleaned up and machined its just thrown on there now lol mad greasy

my 5spd which is already finished

some pics of the bay in process of bein shaved

my airbags just chillen lol

old head and a few power adders

donor hyundai motor 350$ not bad eh

this was wat it looked like

mmmmm..... bondo

its gettin there..
    Last edited by ESR2005; 10-26-2008 at 01:41 PM

well i am guessing it is still gonna look like it used to look but not under the hood... looks like you are going in a good direction... but motor work is not my speciality...
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

Dope, can't wait to see the finished product.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Looks good so far.

I have a few words of advice. first off, did you weld up all the seams under the hood?? It appears that you did, but I cant tell for sure because you started grinding it already.

If you did....I am saying this honestly as a friend, if you ever get into a front end accident, you are going to be seriously injured. The reason everything is spot welded is because the structure was engineered to absorb impact during an accident. By welding everything closed, you are fortifying the structure and therefor limiting its ability to absorb impact, that additional force will be distributed into the passenger compartment if not absorbed by the front rails/aprons.

With that being said, im guessing after its all said and done there is going to be a layer of bondo in there to smooth everything out, if you daily drive the car, over time that bondo is going to crack. No matter how much you weld up front, there will always be some flex in the body and the flexing will crack the bondo.

Aside from that man do it up big if thats what your going for, I think it will be cool for a show car.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Hey what brand wheels do you have?

TeamDreamSpeed / PizzaBoy
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    I can't believe a meet never happening all because I or James is not gonna be present. What kind of crap is that? Since when was G-spot and Silver01G heart and soul of TGCTX?

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Looks like you have a lot of work ahead of you. Good luck

vrg kit? like front sides and rear?
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

i have the rear i just need the front and sides with the lip and i have 19in privat netz

I happen to have a VRG front (comes stock on European models) lying in my mother's garage... two bolt holes are broken and it's got a ~5-6cm (2-2.3") crack on the underside, but is still usable if given a little work. Only problem is it's in Norway, and could be costly to ship. I have no idea what would be a reasonable price for this bumper or what it'd cost to ship internationally, but I can check if you're interested. The colour is burgundy red, if it matters.

Quote Originally Posted by csj View Post
    I happen to have a VRG front (comes stock on European models) lying in my mother's garage... two bolt holes are broken and it's got a ~5-6cm (2-2.3") crack on the underside, but is still usable if given a little work. Only problem is it's in Norway, and could be costly to ship. I have no idea what would be a reasonable price for this bumper or what it'd cost to ship internationally, but I can check if you're interested. The colour is burgundy red, if it matters.
    Sorry to steal this thread momentarily, but if he doesn't want it, I'll take it, name a price.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

any updates at all? you gonna tuck the engine bay or what? when i tucked mine i was going to shave the bay but the motor was done before i thought it was going to be and i really wanted to get that bitch back in there. anyway heres a pic of mine and how my tuck turned out. good luck with yours bro. the g looked sick before, i hope you can improve on an already great looking car.

Quote Originally Posted by boostzealot View Post
    any updates at all? you gonna tuck the engine bay or what? when i tucked mine i was going to shave the bay but the motor was done before i thought it was going to be and i really wanted to get that bitch back in there. anyway heres a pic of mine and how my tuck turned out. good luck with yours bro. the g looked sick before, i hope you can improve on an already great looking car.

is that a oil reserve tank where battery used to be??
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

Quote Originally Posted by Ruslik View Post
    is that a oil reserve tank where battery used to be??
    wait that was stupid question
    i should spend more time looking where the hoses connect to
    but aside from that what is that thing
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruslik View Post
    wait that was stupid question
    i should spend more time looking where the hoses connect to
    but aside from that what is that thing
    well you had the oil part right

its an oil catch can. its purpose is to collect any oil "blow-by" and prevent it from going back into the intake.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

bingo

ya well if he crashes his car he's fucked eitherway putting so much money into it. might as well hurt physically as much as its gonna hurt da pocket
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

man the bay is looking so good. are you helping them out at all with this? where are you relocating your fuse box to? good luck on the wire tuck bro, that shit is clean already.

thanks bro
    i relocated the fusebox under the dash and i have some new pics ill add em tonite the bay is all primered up

heres some more pics of my progress

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast