The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4g64 dohc swapped turbo

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 91
    AWESOME JOB! Looks good.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Thats hot, love the new look. Hope that shaved bay works out for you, Id be worried that it would crack :/
    7g for life!

wow, that looks great!

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

The car looks great.

Not feeling the shaved bay though. How much weight did using all that bondo add??

I love the valve cover, it doesn;t even look like a Hyundai head.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Wow looking really nice, keep up the good work man

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    oh dear

quite sexy

the nifty grille Dave is selling would look fucking nice with your set-up IMO.

Anyways, keep me updated on the turbo install I'm interested in what kind of cutting you need to do to the VR-G for a front mount.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    looking good so far man.

get yourself a hyperground kit and run all your ground wires to it and then ground it somewhere out of sight so that you dont have to sand that fresh paint in the engine bay down to bare metal.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

yea the bondo in reality didnt add that much weight maybe like 5lbs not even
    hense thats why its called lightweight body filler lol and it shouldnt crack it wasnt just bondo i wen thru all the steps i do this for a living i pretty much gaurantee it will not crack theres long strand filler and short strand filler under the bondo too strong as fuck lol and you will like the engine bay better when the motor is in lol

That looks great!
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

I dont know what type of resources you have available to you, but I bet you wanna keep that engine bay looking perfect. If you have access to a lift, I would drop the subframe out of the car, get the motor and tranny bolted up to the subframe and using the lift, lower the car over the motor and tranny.

This will prevent you from damaging that fresh body work in the engine bay. I have had my motor out 7+ times and I have never ever been able to put it in thru the top without something hitting the inside of the engine bay and scratching it up.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Banned
    i love pictures. great job so far. and that valve cover looks the business.

more pics pleeeeeze..

What kind of grill are you gonna get?

idk im tryin to find a grill atm prob just the one that goes with that bumper and yes i do have access to a lift and thats how i planned on puttin the motor in more pics to come as of this weekend my fiberglass enclosure is gettin airbrushed with the boston skyline with a "rising sun" as the basckground but yea thank you lol hopefully my gt35r comes in this week

I have an old style grill that you can buy if you want

Drool....

Quote Originally Posted by ESR2005 View Post
    idk im tryin to find a grill atm prob just the one that goes with that bumper and yes i do have access to a lift and thats how i planned on puttin the motor in more pics to come as of this weekend my fiberglass enclosure is gettin airbrushed with the boston skyline with a "rising sun" as the basckground but yea thank you lol hopefully my gt35r comes in this week
    Hey if you paid for your 35R already but the shop hasnt gotten them in yet, consider cancelling the 35R and going with a Precision HP6262. Its less money than a 35R (new vs new) spools faster than a 35R and makes power like a 37R. Do some research on EVOM, give it a another month or two and the 35R ll be a thing of the past.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Who sells the HP6262, I dont see it on their site. I was going to go with the 35R as well.

Can you post up some dyno sheets or the compressor map?
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Nice work!
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast