The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4g64 dohc swapped turbo

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 61 to 80 of 91
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    you know what would be cooler?

an LHD VR-4 dash..
    a LHD VR4 dash is cool but you have to look at things like this as an outside who doesnt know about galants. If you had a LHD swapped VR4 interior and you let a car show judge look at it, I bet you anything he wouldnt know the different from a stock 8g interior unless you told him. On the flip side, an EVO dash/cluster etc is easily identifiable and different, you will also need a ton of fab work to make it fit, so that wont go unnoticed. if I had to do it, it would either be a RHD conversion or an EVO conversion. I can tell you its gonna be a huge undertaking doing the EVO dash, the shape is totally different and I think its a little less wide/deep.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    a LHD VR4 dash is cool but you have to look at things like this as an outside who doesnt know about galants. If you had a LHD swapped VR4 interior and you let a car show judge look at it, I bet you anything he wouldnt know the different from a stock 8g interior unless you told him. On the flip side, an EVO dash/cluster etc is easily identifiable and different, you will also need a ton of fab work to make it fit, so that wont go unnoticed. if I had to do it, it would either be a RHD conversion or an EVO conversion. I can tell you its gonna be a huge undertaking doing the EVO dash, the shape is totally different and I think its a little less wide/deep.
    I'm with you brian.
    When my black GS was in its prime, it was pretty much flawless. I spent an entire day detailing every single part of the car, even cleaning the suspension and detailing every jamb, and nook and cranny of the car. I mean the car looked absolutly.... stunning lol.
    I put it in a car show the next day, and with all the work i put into it, and $.
    I lost to a BONE STOCK EVO 8
    and the evo was dirty too. lol.
    I guess where I went wrong was not listing the hundred or so mods that I had done to it. I put so much effort into making every mod seamless, that i suppose judges though that it just came that way.

Was there crowds around the evo? no. Was there crowds around my car? Yes.
    Was funny to see people walk right by my black GS, then stop dead in their tracks, then take a few steps backwards to spend 20 minutes admiring my car.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

I still dont understand why people dont use the correct belt. Just because something fits doesnt make it the correct one. The problem with using the EVO belt is there isnt ENOUGH slack in the belt, which means the tensioner pulley doesnt move far enough to the right (toward the front of the car) and the point at which the belt is deflected is not correct. Its not like the 94 GS belt costs more than the EVO belt. The reason everyone wants to use the EVO belt is so they can do like you did and get a dope jdm aftermarket belt from HKS, gates or power enterprise, whats great about those belts is if you look at a majority of the most powerful and fastest EVO's in the world and they all use stock OEM belts, that tells you something.
    The world's fastest Evo 8 uses an aftermarket pulley which tells me you are incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Boosted View Post
    The world's fastest Evo 8 uses an aftermarket pulley which tells me you are incorrect.
    He didnt say one thing about an aftermarket pulley in that statement.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by Boosted View Post
    this post tells me you didnt read my post carefully

I said BELT and MAJORITY. I didnt say ALL fast EVO's.

Also understand that I have first hand knowledge of this, I have timed 4 of these motors, I know why things SHOULD be done a certain way versus others.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

the evo dash is a lil deeper than the oem galant one trust me i know i have an evo 9 in my garage and i just measured depth and width width is a little smaller but i can just use to a pillars to compensate pretty much for it to work i need to swap the entire interior over headliner and all and the headliner fits perfect cuz i already tried lol the problem is once u mention recaro the price skyrockets lol i might just do the interior and do red tenzo rs and re do the backseats to match anyway if anyone wants to buy my old seats they are for sale no rips or anything i just did them last year or maybe a lil longer idk lol lemme know

Quote Originally Posted by ESR2005 View Post
    the evo dash is a lil deeper than the oem galant one trust me i know i have an evo 9 in my garage and i just measured depth and width width is a little smaller but i can just use to a pillars to compensate pretty much for it to work i need to swap the entire interior over headliner and all and the headliner fits perfect cuz i already tried lol the problem is once u mention recaro the price skyrockets lol i might just do the interior and do red tenzo rs and re do the backseats to match anyway if anyone wants to buy my old seats they are for sale no rips or anything i just did them last year or maybe a lil longer idk lol lemme know
    why not just use the stock EVO9 front recaro's and have an interior shop match up the material. The material on the stock EVO9 seats is just basic black leather, suede and gray mesh, its pretty easily available through other manufacturers than recaro, use that to match up the trim panels and rear seats.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

heres my new setup for 2010

Experienced TGC Member
    That is very very pretty. :)
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Nooiiice!!!
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Is the Galant getting to see any track time? a set-up like that would be a waste if it sits on car show lawns more than race track or drag strip.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    WOOOOOOO NOW THATS A NICE G!!!! Awesome job man I wish I had this much room and time to work on my car like this. Keep up the good work and deff post more pix up man and even a sound clip when you get her started.

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

Experienced TGC Member
    O ya is that the hyundai head?
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Nice work dude. Keep them pix coming.

The car looks great. I love the engine bay.
    02StratusRT and 00EclipseGT

damn nice!
    "Mitsubishi Galant(e) for Life"

Tuned 2013 Evolution X GSR PB

-> Follow me on IG @blackblurr_x | 5-Speed | Check out my Build Here

Out of curiosity, why would you mount the intercooler behind the radiator support? Are you changing your front bumper to something that has no room for it? I remember you had the smiley face bumper which has a decent amount of space for a FMIC. I guess with the new setup your gonna have to run a half size radiator on the driver side. With the intercooler that close to the manifold I would at least coat the manifold so that the intercooler doesnt soak up alot of that heat since its so close.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Experienced TGC Member
    Out of curiosity, why would you mount the intercooler behind the radiator support? Are you changing your front bumper to something that has no room for it? I remember you had the smiley face bumper which has a decent amount of space for a FMIC. I guess with the new setup your gonna have to run a half size radiator on the driver side. With the intercooler that close to the manifold I would at least coat the manifold so that the intercooler doesnt soak up alot of that heat since its so close.
    I noticed that too I was wondering why he was doing that and where he was gonna put the radiator.

yea im usin a 3 row civic half radiator with an lines welded on instead of hoses and i have the vrg front bumper so theres no room at all plus its all sneaky i like it better hidden

the heatsoak wont b that bad the exhaust pressure doesnt really build up for too long since its dual ball bearing so its pretty much in and out right away barely any lag at all plus with the car tuned right it will not get cherry red hot headers getting cherry red hot is usually due to incorrect tune causing afr to be off and causing extreme egt...(exhaust gas temp)... and yea its gonna see track time and show time im actually going up against my fathers blown 78 vette.... it was a beast on 14lbs with the old setup this will b waaaaaaayyyy faster now with 33lbs

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast