The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: First Time Upgrades On A Small Budget

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    sethph69

First Time Upgrades On A Small Budget

I'm starting with a totally stock 1995 Galant ES. What are the best exterior upgrades under $500? Also, I'm considering repainting it from it's original plum color, any ideas? thanks

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Not for sure what "Exterior" you could do for $500. A kit costs around $900-1000 and thats about all of the exterior you could do. Or I guess you could find some cheap good looking rims. Clearing your headlights is free and clearing your rear sidemarkers costs about $3. Tinting the windows is always good, that usually costs $100-150 to get installed. Add lots of stickers b/c each sticker adds +5-7hp ;p

But first mod I would do would be getting a CAI. Best bang for your buck.

Oh yeah, and Welcome to TGC
    7g for life!

MitsuMan
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth)</div><div class='quotemain'> Add lots of stickers b/c each sticker adds +5-7hp ;p Â*
    </div>

Seth was kidding about this, dont put stickers on your car...it doesnt do shit.....

also: tint your windows, its a good place to start, also, clear your corners/ make side markers/ maybe a spoiler (if u dont have one) are all decent places to start...my first exterior mod was a spoiler....go to members rides and look at my car....welcome to TGC

dean

Tint it, clear it, then bargin shop for the other stuff! If you are good at body work, look for broke kits or cracked items. If you can't work with fiberglass, then start saving cause the exterior is pretty costly.
    You gain knowledge through learning not by increasing your post count...please search

sethph69
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth)</div><div class='quotemain'>Clearing your headlights is free and clearing your rear sidemarkers costs about $3. Â*But first mod I would do would be getting a CAI. Â*</div>

What exactly is clearing your headlights and a CAI? This is my very first upgrading job. I'm only 16 and this was my mom's car, so as much help as i can et would be great, please contact me on MSN, yahoo, or AIM, thanks!

MitsuMan
    Handled It