The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: EDM/JDM Galant GLX 1997 station wagon (big pics!)

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

EDM/JDM Galant GLX 1997 station wagon (big pics!)

Galant GLX 1997

Comes stock with:
    • Grey/Dark grey fabric seats
    • Two-tone grey dash and interior
    • 14" Steel wheels with 195/65R14 tyres and Mitsubishi plastic covers

Factory extras:
    • Front bumper fog lights

Mods:
    • None

Future projects:
    • 17" alloys with 205/45ZR17 tyres
    • New suspension - what's on it now is really soft
    • 20/20mm lowering springs for slightly stiffer suspension (this is going to be the wife's car, she doesn't want it lowered, but I do ;))
    • New stereo (I'll move the one from the other car across when I get the cash to get a 2DIN player)

Pictures!

Last edited by csj; 10-20-2008 at 07:49 AM

Cool
    Accident. Deemed Unfixable. Got a check for it.

Awesome!! I love it. I really want a set of corner splitters. Can you send me a pair if I pay you? :)

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Thanks! :)

I probably could send you a set of corner splitters, but honestly, you're much better off sourcing them from somewhere else than Norway. Everything that can be related to cars and car parts here is ridiculously overpriced. Plus, I'm also looking for a set of corner splitters myself... but I'll keep you in mind if I come across a set (or two).

We can't get them anywhere in the states. Keep an eye out, and let me know. :)

Corner splitters

Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    We can't get them anywhere in the states. Keep an eye out, and let me know. :)
    There seem to be none left in Norway (at least none that I can find). I did, however, find a part number and a price.

The part number is 70MZ568836, and the price from a Mitsubishi parts retail shop is NOK 2933 (US$445) incl. tax. I was told they are OEM parts and special order from Japan, so you might be able to get some from Triggermauve. I think he can get them a lot cheaper than I can, plus I'd have to add shipping from Norway to the US on top of those $445.

Also note that they don't seem to fit directly onto the VRG front, but the new style stock EDM fronts. They should, however, fit with some minor modifications. Here are a few pictures of Norwegian Galants with the splitters. They do look damn sexy :)

Woooow. I love those pics.

Are you telling me that two little pieces of plastic cost four hundred fourty five dollars!? Holy crap! Thats insane.

Yeah, I think so too, which is why I believe Trigg can get them for much less. He gave me a quote for a part, and the price is half of what it'd cost to order it through the Mitsubishi dealership locally - and includes shipping to my door.

Winter is on its way, so the winter wheels had to come on. They are original Mitsubishi 15" alloys with Nankang SV-1 studless tyres. I think they look good, and in any way they are a huge improvement over the 14" steelies that were on previously.

Parked in a ditch with the wheels turned, so the gap is even more prominent than usual.

At the Norheimsund dock, waiting for a bus carrying our passenger.

Blingbling! Yeah, I know she needs a drop.
    Last edited by csj; 10-27-2008 at 06:07 AM

Experienced TGC Member SleekGTZ's Avatar
    Very nice pics!
    And its left hand drive!

nice.. i thought these were called legnums though

Yeah, they're called Legnum in Japan, NZ and Australia, but Galant Estate, Station Wagon or Combi in Europe.

Disaster struck on Friday as I was driving through the countryside to pick up my fiancee. Came through a bend in the road which turned out to be all wet ice and no grip, and then there was an oncoming road train... Thankfully, I somehow managed to manouver the car so it didn't go under the road train's trailer, but the left side of the car still didn't stand a chance. I'm still in one piece, shaken, yet unharmed.

Damage:
    • Front bumper
    • Front turn marker
    • Front fender
    • Side turn marker
    • Wheel/possible suspension
    • Driver's door
    • Rear fender
    • Rear bumper

Pics:

Thankfully, I know a nice mechanic who says it'll be a breeze to fix it, as long as we can get the parts. I've managed to source everything but the rear bumper, including some suspension parts, I only have to actually get them home... :) It'll be a while before she's back on the road, but she'll get there.

:(

I feel your pain!
    Accident. Deemed Unfixable. Got a check for it.

I handed the car over to the mechanic today, and he said that at first glance, it doesn't appear to be severely damaged. The steelie has taken a nasty hit and is slightly bent and touches the caliper while driving, but that's easily fixed - just get a new steelie and get the winter tyre over.

The rear bumper wasn't as damaged as it appeared to be and can be fixed with a little bondo, generous amounts of sanding and then fresh paint. The rest of the panels I've sourced for next to no money, thanks to the nice and helpful people at the Mitsubishi Club of Norway, so the car will be back with a vengeance come new year.

It's looking good!
    Last edited by csj; 12-28-2008 at 04:06 PM

Härligt att se en bil från grannarna i väst...

When will Mitsubishi Club Sweden and Mitsubishi Klubben Norge have a big meet?

Car looks great... both white and silver
    Thomas R aka Valpen
    --------------------
    CEO & Eventmanager
    Mitsubishi Club Sweden

Former New yorker....
    94-10 60th Ave
    113 73 Elmhurst, NY
    School PS13 - then moved to Europe

Quote Originally Posted by csj View Post
    I want those door panels, and the whole front dash.

Does anyone know if they will fit our USDM models???

Anyone can find out the part #'s wanna try to pull it off.

- If you've got nothing nice to say, what the hell is wrong with you!?!