The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: what you guys think

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19

what you guys think

I'm about to give up on finding those chrome gst wheels and stay within the budget so I found another DSM wheel that i like and I photoshopped it onto my G to see what it looks like. The wheels in the pic are actually black.

Im going to put a red pinstripe around the lip.

I like them. But I want to get some opinions.

Im still waiting to find out if they will fit over the gsx 2-pots and if they do I will buy them. reasons Im going a smaller wheels is just plain and simple price. one day when I go EVO brembo I'll be back on 17's maybe even MR BBS wheels. But for now, 16's is my goal
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

I've seen a beige galant slammed on those, they were black, they looked dope. If you are gonna shoot for the time attack look though, with the red stripe, I'd go with the gst wheels. Or better yet, I can sell you some 3 G wheels cheap.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

honestly, not diggin them.

but there are a couple of nice rims i found on craigslist today.but if you like them,hey go for it.

and by the way are you selling you tires on craigslist?

WANNA LOOK FRESH????
    GET SOME CLOTHES AT KARMALOOP.COM AND GET 20% ON FIRST PURCHASE WHEN USING REPCODE:KN21899

siniGANG represent!

the advans?? I sold the two that day you were at my house and turned the other two into a table.

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Experienced TGC Member
    eh not a big fan, I dont really like the style.
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

i hate it.....
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Buy my wheels..

back to searching for me.

jeff: I really would like to, but Im thinking the shipping cost itself will kill my bidget. If you have them after my five-speed is done I will take them from you

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    no likey the swirleys... why going so small i would have stayed in the 17 range

Yeah, those are....meh.. Are you looking for the 5 spoke 2g wheels? Those would be nice. I saw a set last week somewhere. Maybe Ebay? Did you check dsmtrader.com?

Quote Originally Posted by fatal1 View Post
    no likey the swirleys... why going so small i would have stayed in the 17 range
    yeah tires are expensive for the 17's range. lol. I will go back to 17's when I go EVO Brembos but for next season I'm going to rock 16's cuz I can get a set of Falken Azenis RT-615's for less than 100 a tire. And with how much tires Im going to go through with track days I cant afford buying 17" tires yet. lol

Quote Originally Posted by gtx View Post
    Yeah, those are....meh.. Are you looking for the 5 spoke 2g wheels? Those would be nice. I saw a set last week somewhere. Maybe Ebay? Did you check dsmtrader.com?
    Yeah I want the chrome 2G wheels. But Im on a budget. Ill try DSMTRADER. dude by the way, your car looks sick! and I love that it's five-speed.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    yeah tires are expensive for the 17's range. lol. I will go back to 17's when I go EVO Brembos but for next season I'm going to rock 16's cuz I can get a set of Falken Azenis RT-615's for less than 100 a tire. And with how much tires Im going to go through with track days I cant afford buying 17" tires yet. lol

Yeah I want the chrome 2G wheels. But Im on a budget. Ill try DSMTRADER. dude by the way, your car looks sick! and I love that it's five-speed.

17" tires can be had for under $100 i actually just baught a new set for my ix wheels im using for winter, i ended up paying 420 for the set mounted and balanced. theyre not the nittos i have on my zigens but they get the job done just as well lol, and if your gouing through tires soo much at this point now i would look into a slightl cheaper tire then what your using currently for whatever price your getting them at

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Eww no! Please Dont

Quote Originally Posted by fatal1 View Post
    17" tires can be had for under $100 i actually just baught a new set for my ix wheels im using for winter, i ended up paying 420 for the set mounted and balanced. theyre not the nittos i have on my zigens but they get the job done just as well lol, and if your gouing through tires soo much at this point now i would look into a slightl cheaper tire then what your using currently for whatever price your getting them at
    thing is, Im not just daily driving the tires, I autox on them. And next season im hoping to get some track time with the Galant. So I really cant skimp on quality at all. The only way I can relieve some of the costs without sacrificing functionality is going a smaller size wheel. As I said when I start to make a little bit more money Im going to run the EVO Brembos and go back to 17's.

Thanks for the input fatal1 I really appreciate it.

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Not feeling those Jigz

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    save up for some evo 8 or evo 9 rims. they can go cheap now. just need to be at the right time at the right place.

i got my evo 9 mr bbs for $450 with no curbage whatsoever.

yeah im not getting these. not feelin it more I look at it. guess im rocking the 15's for a while

thought id throw these out there for you jigz.but i dont know how it may look on your car,but they are super cheap.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/pts/888377178.html

WANNA LOOK FRESH????
    GET SOME CLOTHES AT KARMALOOP.COM AND GET 20% ON FIRST PURCHASE WHEN USING REPCODE:KN21899

siniGANG represent!