The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: For those of you looking for a battery tie down....

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20

For those of you looking for a battery tie down....

I have found the perfect solution. I had this Neuspeed front license plate block off from my old car (90 Integra) and I wanted to put it somewhere on my car. It would not fit on the front or rear bumper so I looked toward the engine bay. I scoped around and looked at the battery. The stock tie down was shorter than this one but I decided to give it a shot and see if it fit. And guess what. IT DID!!!! It looks really good too. So here are some pics of it. Let me know what you think.

That does look pretty good, how much did you pay for this thing?
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

I got it for around $25 shipped used on ebay but they are hard to find on there. Here is a new one for $25 plus shipping. http://www.speedelements.com/applica...Cover_Polished

Cool thanks, I think I'll get one and get it powdercoated to match the other stuff in my engine bay.

What color? If you don't mind me asking?

Banned
    sweet. i'm gettin one.

Candy red

That would look nice with the letters in White.

nice job...too bad that negative battery clamp ruins the whole look.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Nice work, it looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6 View Post
    nice job...too bad that negative battery clamp ruins the whole look.
    Yeah I am still working on that.

Anti-corrosion rings FTW......clamp looks good though.

I just ordered some connectors yesterday so hopefully I will be installing them this weekend. These are the ones I got. Now I just have to figure out if I am going to replace the positive side or not. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=290267879790

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    nice find

kewl
    "Mitsubishi Galant(e) for Life"

Tuned 2013 Evolution X GSR PB

-> Follow me on IG @blackblurr_x | 5-Speed | Check out my Build Here

**Fixed**

I replaced the negative terminal. It looks good. I have another one I was going to use for the positive but the stock one is good so I won't be replacing it. I also got new battery tie down rods.

I like the battery terminal. Where is the 3rd wire grounded to (transmission case?)?

what does the backside of the bar look like? i would like it for mine if it was smooth and didnt say anything... put it letters down, woul look clkeaner imo... great idea though
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

The cable that goes down by the battery goes to the tranny. It is smooth underneath so you do that.

since this is wider than stock it may cause the inboard bolt to rub on aftermarket intake pipes.