The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: drilling into the trunk floor?

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19

drilling into the trunk floor?

Can we mount subs onto the trunk floor. in the area right behind the rear seats? Or is the gas tank right under there? The pic is not my trunk. thanks

Last edited by qnz; 10-24-2008 at 10:29 PM

It should be okay I think, cuz if you look, that spot you want to drill into is more above the rear axle just a little behind the gas tank. Ill take a look and make sure.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    your trunk is different then mine

the trunk pictured is a 9g

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    Can we mount subs onto the trunk floor. in the area right behind the rear seats? Or is the gas tank right under there? The pic is a 9G but this is for my 8G. thanks
    durr

Wow.. .you should have caught that 99galant.

there. updated. sorry for the confusion. hehe

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    no the gas tank is right there
    03 I4

edit: jimmy is right, its at the edge of the tank..
    Last edited by 4g63lover; 10-24-2008 at 10:42 PM

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    I used velcro to keep my sub in that location. It does not move an inch, actually it friggin hard to remove it too.

just do what i did, get a box the size of the trunk so that it literally cant move
    ...pain is temporary, pride is forever...

Experienced TGC Member
    That pic is of an 8g trunk. Those are the 02-03 tails.
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteGalant View Post
    That pic is of an 8g trunk. Those are the 02-03 tails.
    it was originally a 9g he just changed the image.

lol i was like wtf u guys talking about its an 8g, haha.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Aaron depending on how tall the box is, run the bracket up insted of down and drill it into the rear deck where the speakers mount. Use velcro on the borrom and brackets up top.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

hmm. i dont think the sub is tall enough. i was planning on adding the infinity basslink. maybe I will mount it to the side, where the tail lights are

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    Aaron depending on how tall the box is, run the bracket up insted of down and drill it into the rear deck where the speakers mount. Use velcro on the borrom and brackets up top.
    wont work will cause a wierd vibration tone when the bass hits ested of the regulare bass tone that ur used too ( a friend of mine did this) didnt sound like ur propper bass tone from the inside and worse outside

I agree with SkylineG1 and its also what ive been doing with using velcro. go to ur home improvement store (Lowe's Home Depot)
    buy the extra strong velcro make sure u got 6 tp 8 strips. Next clean ur trunk area with a vacum. step 3 step the hard part of the velcro back to back and stick them on every corner of the box. step 4 place ur box inside the trunk

i did this with my single 12 setup and same with my 2 12s setup and the box dosent move if u need any futher help pm me
    03 I4

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy_o2 View Post
    wont work will cause a wierd vibration tone when the bass hits ested of the regulare bass tone that ur used too ( a friend of mine did this) didnt sound like ur propper bass tone from the inside and worse outside

I agree with SkylineG1 and its also what ive been doing with using velcro. go to ur home improvement store (Lowe's Home Depot)
    buy the extra strong velcro make sure u got 6 tp 8 strips. Next clean ur trunk area with a vacum. step 3 step the hard part of the velcro back to back and stick them on every corner of the box. step 4 place ur box inside the trunk

i did this with my single 12 setup and same with my 2 12s setup and the box dosent move if u need any futher help pm me
    I used 3" thick strips of velcro. At first I installed it & then tried to remove the sub & it would not come up. Then I had to learn to pull it up on side at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by SkylineG1 View Post
    I used 3" thick strips of velcro. At first I installed it & then tried to remove the sub & it would not come up. Then I had to learn to pull it up on side at a time.
    ohhh forgot that u had to put the box in then lift each corner oopps sorry but yes it really works
    03 I4