The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I should of left it alone....

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

I should of left it alone....

my previous set up was H&R springs and GR-2's but i f--it up big time by doing some ghetto shit and cutting off a coil... i know, i know,, imma dumbass....wow the drop wasnt really noticeable and it handled shitty to the tenth power...so i was like fu-k it ima install the stocks springs... if you dont have the money to do it properly then why do it ? right?...well god damn that spring was too dam long to compress.there goes that idea..... long story short i found some SKUNK2 springs which i saw in craigslists for the 3g.. i knew it would fit in our G which i got for like 35 (haggled) just the front... and man it lowered it pretty damn low.... I can only fit two fingers on 16's before on H&R i could fit like 3 fingers with space to spare even when i cut the damn thing it didnt drop as the SKUNK2 did....I notice that it didnt take much to compress the spring???huh?? I know that the skunk gives a 2-2.25 which is for a v6 eclipse and damn i didnt expect it to drop for my 4cylnder G...Is there something wrong with the SKUNK2 springs??? YOUR help is very much appricated thanks...
    Last edited by jamesgalant; 10-25-2008 at 01:15 AM

Experienced TGC Member
    Skunk2 is sort of a reputable company but any brand sleeve type coilover is going to be, not so good. You could go buy a spring compressor which are cheap and put the stock ones on until you can afford new lowering springs. Or you could do like I did and use some ratcheting straps which is VERY difficult but doable.
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

YEAH i might do that.. the wife is gonna kill me.. i gotta way with H&R drop.. but this one is a dead give away..i like it but im not sure its it normal..... its a SKUNK2 spring not coil over sleeve or anything but an actual spring... i know some other cat in car domain drop his g with skunk2 and i guess it did the same..... so for now imma keep like that i guess....

Experienced TGC Member
    wow, I didnt know that they made a spring. I took a look at them on their website, they look ok but I've never heard of anyone else on here that has them.
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

ummm skunk2 sucks. if u want a deep drop (2.5" or more), get full coilovers or bags.

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    Really? My H&R Sport Springs drop is very nice.

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

you should be able to compress your factory springs with a tool that's like $40......so why don't you do that.

yea at autozone,you deposit $40 when you get it then when you return it you get the $40 back.thats what i did.

WANNA LOOK FRESH????
    GET SOME CLOTHES AT KARMALOOP.COM AND GET 20% ON FIRST PURCHASE WHEN USING REPCODE:KN21899

siniGANG represent!

Quote Originally Posted by EATsleepJDM View Post
    yea at autozone,you deposit $40 when you get it then when you return it you get the $40 back.thats what i did.
    thats what i did

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    im pretty sure the spring compressors are $40 at sears.

well, thanks thats what i did ... i had a set of spring compressers but had to use a second set.. those springs are too damn long.....2hrs later the G went back to stock height but i havent change the rears yet im beat compressing and uncompressing takes alot of work.....

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    air tool hehehe would have made it faster
    03 I4

if you want to be low and wont be taking it to the track then sleeves are fine
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

wanna sell me those skunk front springs

sure..heres a pic of skunk2 drop...yea pretty low... i was runnin it on KYB GR2... i sent a message if your interested... thanks....
    Last edited by jamesgalant; 10-29-2008 at 07:06 PM
    wise up or stand down