The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: dohc clearance issue

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Showing results 101 to 119 of 119
    is and evo x radiator the same and/or fit in an 8g i have noo room for an intercooler so im gettin a custom made one maddd gay

not to sound like an A$$ but if you have done your research you would have found out that you CAN NOT fit an intercooler behind that vrg bumper unless you do some crazy cutting or get one made and this is why i didnt get the vrg front

good luck
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

ill make it work but i am leaning towards water to air instead of a fmic and does the evo x radiator fit the 8g i can get a mishimoto one for 100 bucks brand new from my friends cousin

get a honda half radiator.

and im not sure if you will be running enough power to run a water to air I/C. just a heads up.

why dont you do a topmount with a custon scoop??
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

ok wat spark plugs do i use for my swap ones for a hyundai evo or 7g galant dohc and does anyone know the oem redline for a hyundai sonata head?? thanks
    p.s look for my in import tuner mag im not sure which one as of now but it should be soon i just got an email from their editor their sending a photographer to the east coast me and some of my teams cars are gonna b in it

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    If the motor has a built bottom end it and built valvetrain it should take 7500RPMS safely and reliably.

You can run a liquid to air intercooler, the ones from PWR are pretty expensive but they work well and take up the least space. It would make your piping from the turbo to the TB extremely easy and clean. If your going to run the liquid to air intercooler, I would run two honda half radiators, one to cool the engine and one to cool the liquid to air intercooler. I would also run a good fan with a shroud on both radiators and setup the one on the intercooler's radiator to turn the fan on whenever the vehicle speed was under 25mph, this way you dont get a tone of heat soak during city driving and traffic.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

wat spark plugs do i use tho lol

its gay that this is the only pic I can find on their site, but its a rough idea

this is TTR's old intercooler setup using a PWR theirs was 6" diameter by 10" long with a 3" inlet/outlet, I cant seem to find them, but they still make the 6"x8" which is good to like 600whp you would be fine with that.

well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

ok heres my problem im about to wire up my injectors with the resistor pack the oem 8g galant injector clips have a red wire on each one and then a misc colored wire
    but the pigtails that come off my 1000cc injectors have a black wire ith a red stripe on each one and a misc colored wire wat wires do i hook up where lol thanks

anyone have an answer for me please?? lol

Look on the injector itself, one side of the receptical (on the injector itself) should have a " + " sign on it. On the 8g harness the red wire is power and the misc colored wires are ground. The injectors fire by receiving ground, not power. So you send all the red wires from the harness to the inlet side of the resistor box and then send the outlets to the positive side of the injector. So the injector has constant power.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

4g64turbo
    that is one real nice set up i hop mine looks this good when i'm done keep it up...

does anyone have a tut on how to install an aftermarket fpr??? do i put it on the inlet or outlet ive searched but nobody has answered this question thanks

You did not search you liar...LOL

Seriously tho, EVOM, search feature and 10 seconds, its done. In short, it goes on the return end, if your not a member on EVOM, you should be.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Thats 1 seriously built showcar :D Nice1!!

lol i no my car is almost done!!!!!! lol finally long story short i got fukked by a speedshop and ended up getting a megasquirt ems for 4g63 instead of aem due to lack of cashflow lol

Quote Originally Posted by ESR2005 View Post
    lol i no my car is almost done!!!!!! lol finally long story short i got fukked by a speedshop and ended up getting a megasquirt ems for 4g63 instead of aem due to lack of cashflow lol
    ohh boy, the last place you wanna be counting pennies is with the engine management system. You would have been better off spending less on something else and going with AEM.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

nice build so far man... question.. is ESR2005's timing going to be to work with that Greddy evo timing belt or does he have to switch to the 94 Galant GS DOHC?i see hes almost done an didn't change it.i wanna know if i should return my HKS timing belt lol
    Last edited by Gtorque; 12-06-2009 at 12:26 PM

as stated above, the belt you SHOULD use is the 94 GS belt. you CAN use a belt made for an EVO, but its not intended for the 2.4 block since the EVO belt is shorter.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456