The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: dohc clearance issue

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 119
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ESR2005 View Post

updates lol also a question the evo adj cam gears will work with the hyundai head?
    Yes.

What kinda cams are in that motor?

that intake manifold and TB are so overkill that im speechless....
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

lolol i wasnt expecting it to be that big but its too late now lol and they are hks 272s i really need your help stewi and i appreciate you answering all my questionsputtin on the belt tomoro hopefully all goes well and do u know wtf the 2 blocks on my intake mani are for i think its intake manifold pressure sensor and map but what sensors can i eliminate since im running aem ems thanks

The one to the far left is for the OEM map sensor, the hole would need to be drilled, the one towards the center should be for vacuum fittings (unless there is one underneath?) and the one near the TB looks like its for the throttle cable, although it seems WAYYY too close. Is there one for the throttle cable underneath? if not, your TB is upside down.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

yea it is upside down lol that was just mocked up do i need maf since i have ems now? where did u put your oil feed and return lines aswell as yourwater ones i have an oil filter sandwhich

yea it is upside down lol that was just mocked up do i need maf since i have ems now? where did u put your oil feed and return lines aswell as yourwater ones i have an oil filter sandwhich

No you dont need the maf sensor, im running an EVO pan so my return line goes there. My feed line is tapped off one of the block off plugs on the EVO filter housing. You can feed it from the sandwhich plate adaptor fine.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

do evo 8 motor mounts fit they look as if all will except the rear roll mount cuz i deff need to upgrade my mounts
    yout input would be greatly appreciated
    thanks

The inserts might fit, but just buy the ones made for our cars/3g's
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

they offer performance full motormounts? not just inserts?
    i want mounts kinda like hasports for civics

No they are inserts. It sounds like you want them for the visual appeal and not really the performance aspect. The durometer of the urethane is what is going to effect performance. The fact that one mount is billet aluminum versus our stock cast aluminum side mounts and cast steel front/rear mount, the only difference is going to be weight savings. You might save 3lbs total by going with the EVO ones, IF they all fit. I know for a fact the passenger side one does not.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

yes visual appeal is nice lol

is there any where else i can route the return line from my turbo other than the oil pan? my feed is from the sandwhich and i already have the pan on i dont wanna take it off lol any ideas? or input thanks also does a rollcage for an evo fit our cars with little or no mods? thanks

is there any where else i can route the return line from my turbo other than the oil pan? my feed is from the sandwhich and i already have the pan on i dont wanna take it off lol any ideas? or input thanks also does a rollcage for an evo fit our cars with little or no mods? thanks
    the oil pan is the BEST place for the return. there's no other place I can think of where to route the return. Turbo cars from the factory run their return line to the pan, just do it.

as for the cage, try it and let me know if it does. lol
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

The return needs to go to the pan, thats the only place. So take that pan off!
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

damnit lol also
    wat spark plugs do i use with the hyundai head? and wat coils do i use the sohc galant ones or oem hyundai? i got the urethane inserts they look ok lol good for now i just wanna drive the damn car its going to hin in mass even if i have to trailer it im already registered lol

so its time to put the timing belt on and just for laughs i decide to try my evo one to see how off it was and wat do u know it it fit perfect and everything lined up idk how but it did and i have pics to prove it lol i hope its fine bc i spun the motor like 10 times and everything still lined up and nothing hit

srry for the fuzzyness ill take better ones tomoro its late lol

hey i'm curious about something... did you actually reuse the waterpump and the oilpump for this build?
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

my oil pump is shimmed and yea i used the same water pump but it only has 38k on it it should b fine im just gonna watch everything lol

are the cam gears set at 0 degrees on each cam? If they are
    There is no possible way it's right. Also how did u line up the
    Crank timing mark with that pulley on
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

from the picture it doesnt looked timed right... did you line the marks up with the nubs on the valve cover? because in that picture they are facing eachother? and the holes on the tensioner pulley should be facing towards the right shouldnt they?
    Last edited by underated; 04-08-2009 at 09:09 PM
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast