The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Finally a real member of TGC community :)

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 437

Finally a real member of TGC community :)

I have been on this site for over a year now, ever since i started looking into galants. Well I finally got my own last night!!

Here are some pics.

Nothing done to it yet, cept I installed my sound system today. My next project will be reupholstering the center console, door panels, and the part near the shifter that's woodgrain, and paint some other interior parts.

What trim is it?

Why do you have silver trim around the shifter and the center stack, but woodgrain on the doors? I'm assuming it was painted in the middle? Welcome to the joys of owning a galant.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    I thought you're from Hungary?
    Yes sir, I'm from Hungary. I've live in AZ since I was 6 though, so 11 years now. But I'm originally from there, my whole family is.

Quote Originally Posted by lavie2k9 View Post
    What trim is it?
    It's this crappy silver color. The guy I bought it from sold it to me the way it is, he tried painting it.

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    Why do you have silver trim around the shifter and the center stack, but woodgrain on the doors? I'm assuming it was painted in the middle? Welcome to the joys of owning a galant.
    Yea, that was the previous owner's doing. I plan on redoing it ASAP.

I meant what trim as in LS, ES, GTZ, DE...

And the little bubble button beside quote is the Multi-quote button. You should try to use it instead of posting three times. It's pretty fun once you get the hang of it. :D

I meant what trim as in LS, ES, GTZ, DE...

And the little bubble button beside quote is the Multi-quote button. You should try to use it instead of posting three times. It's pretty fun once you get the hang of it. :D
    Idk if your trying to be a smartass or help me out.

But its an ES

lol.. i think hes trying to be a bit of both. .but u should use the bubble as it will keep ur post from getting all cluttered.

clean the corners and get rid of the hubcaps lol good start though
    04 Maxima SL in Bronze with Black leather

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianHunter View Post
    Idk if your trying to be a smartass or help me out.

But its an ES
    I was being a little bit of both. I was definitely helping you out but having fun with it too. haha

In that case thanks :D lol

So I'm thinkin about getting HID's and sticking them in my fogs and making my fogs on an independent switch. What do you guys think?

the fogs might melt. its cheap plastic.

Experienced TGC Member SleekGTZ's Avatar
    White Galants look really nice. :)

Quote Originally Posted by SleekGTZ View Post
    White Galants look really nice. :)
    White or black.

I like the black ones better. Unless it's the ones they painted wrong and it peels off. haha

Yes sir, I'm from Hungary. I've live in AZ since I was 6 though, so 11 years now. But I'm originally from there, my whole family is.
    where in AZ? Im in Mesa. Not too many AZ members here.
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4G64 */* !!NEW!! 03 Honda CBR F4i
    * a little done -*- more to come *
    My Dual Halo H3 Projector Project

White or black.

I like the black ones better. Unless it's the ones they painted wrong and it peels off. haha
    That means Grey is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    That means Grey is the best.
    Yea I love metallic grey, like gunmetal.

where in AZ? Im in Mesa. Not too many AZ members here.
    I'm in Phoenix. 35th ave and happy valley, in 85085. I'd be fun to possibly have a meet here in AZ, go for a drive, discuss our cars, stuff like that. If your ever in the mood let me know :D

The fogs might melt. Cheap plastic
    Does everyone agree that the fog housing would melt? What could I do to fix that? Get better fog housings(?)
    Last edited by HungarianHunter; 10-27-2008 at 08:39 PM

Does everyone agree that the fog housing would melt? What could I do to fix that? Get better fog housings(?)
    I don't agree.

It depends on if you take long trips in your car on a regular basis. If you just make short trips everyday, then I don't think it would hurt it. Of course sooner or later you are bound to make a longer than usual drive in your car, and then your housings may melt.

Is there anyone who has had their fog light housings melt because of HID lights? That would be a better question to ask.

I did the fog light mod on my car. I didn't run a switch though. I will do that later I imagine. I just hooked up the switched power to a relay and the fogs come on and stay on if the key is in the ignition.

I've had one of my housings bubble up a little in the middle but it's barely noticeable, but I also drive with my fogs on all the time. My fogs were painted yellow and had yellow bulbs inside, but not HIDs. It all depends on the time they are on. I've since switched to old style vr4 fogs, and they are well constructed projectors instead of the crappy plastic we have stock.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast