The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Finally a real member of TGC community :)

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 437
    Well the only time I would drive with fogs on is at night, so my HID's give the road that nice blue glow I like :)

So basically what everyone is saying is just limit the time they are on? I drive for maybe a few hours at night on weekends coming and going so that should be fine right?

Oh I also got some 195 bulbs and am redoing my gauges and shifter bezel area with blue lighting, I'll get pics up, should be nice :)

Alright guys I put in the blue gauge bulbs :D

Here is a pic. My camera couldn't pick up the color very well, this is the best I got. It's really nice at night. My shifter lighting is now the same color. It's pretty awesome how they sell them in packages of 2, so you need to buy 3, since you need 5 bulbs for the gauges, but that extra 1 you can use in your shifter lighting :D

That's what mine look like, cheap and easy mod.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Same here. :D

I am thinking about going red...

What should I do next? Reupholster doors?

Quote Originally Posted by gtx View Post
    Congrats to the Galant, and: Isten Hozott!

:D koszonom

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    HIDs run alot cooler then regular fog light bulb so I think your Fogs should be ok. Get some wheels next.

Cool thanks RAZ. Do you know of an alternative to HID's? I want to make my fogs blue but with a cheaper alternative to an HID kit, I plan on getting HID's for my headlights. I went to autozone and realized the don't sell colored 893 (if I remember right) bulbs, the original ones that go there. If I get one of these in blue : H880/892/899/885 would it be legal to drive with them on?

1. AutoZone does has 893 bulbs(have them in mine right now)

2. As long as the bulb is DOT legal it should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh90210 View Post
    1. AutoZone does has 893 bulbs(have them in mine right now)

2. As long as the bulb is DOT legal it should be fine.
    Yea they had the 893's, what I meant was they had them only in the stock white, not blue like I was hoping. How do I know if they are DOT legal? If they sell them at an auto parts store I should be safe right?

You should be fine as long as they are not BLUE blue, but a bluish white.

Aren't some HID's pure blue, or very close to it, but those are still legal right?

Technically any HID that isn't installed from the factory is illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianHunter View Post
    Aren't some HID's pure blue, or very close to it, but those are still legal right?
    yeah, some are, but the cops tend to hassle people the bluer they are in color, your best bet is to take the bulbs up to the counter @ autozone, and ask them if they are DOT legal. Or you can search ebay, they are usually cheaper, and they say whether they are DOT approved or not, that's where I got my yellow high beam bulbs for my JDM's from. What kind of lights do you have in your heads? I would save up, HID kits are only like 50 bucks if you shop around, and it's a 10 minute install, and the lighting is SOOOOOO much better. I'd upgrade the headlight bulbs first.
    Just my .02 cents. :)

Cool man thanks for the advice guys! Here, I found these on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XENON...mZ220301907137

They have the with the H4, so those should fit my headlights right? I like the 1000k Brilliant blue, you think the cops would bust my ass for those?

The cops will pay more attention with the brilliant blue, but from what I see most of the time they don't even care. Also with that kit you will lose your high beams but you won't really need it with HIDs.

I'm planning on night shading my headlights. Could that make them more cop-friendly? The HID's I mean

DO NOT BLACK OUT YOUR HEADLIGHTS WITH A TINTING FILM OR SPRAY! Trust me, the light quality SUCKS major dick. Just pull them apart and paint the insides of the housings black everywhere except the reflector. Trust me, it looks so much better that way. I know from personal experience, just look at my build thread and you'll see the difference.

I checked out your build thread. Sorry, I'm a total noob. So take apart the headlights, by means of the oven to melt the glue correct? Then paint the inside of the clear plastic cover? With what sort of paint? :) Thanks for the help :D

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast