The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Finally a real member of TGC community :)

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 437
    Yes, you heat it with an oven or a heat gun if you wanna be slower but safer, and then take out the reflector, and paint the housing black, not the actual plastic cover, or else you won't be able to see anything at night.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Nevermind, I see what you mean about the headlights. I'll have to try that. What brand of engine enamel did you use for your interior? I think i want to do a similar flat color, would that paint work for blacking my headlights as well? And would a blowdrier like the kind for hair get the glue hot enough to melt it?
    Last edited by HungarianHunter; 10-29-2008 at 09:28 PM

I believe I used VHT engine enamel for my interior, and I just used Krylon flat black paint for the headlights. I don't know if a hairdryer will, it probably will, but I'm not sure. I used a heat gun that they use for rolling fenders.

Cool cool, got my headlight info done :D thanks! Oh BTW is clearing your headlights illegal in any way? Does the law require those orange corners/orange bulbs? Or can I take off the orange and put white bulbs in without worries?

Now I'm looking into interior parts more. Stuff I want to replace with aftermarket rather than reupholstery/paint

Do you have an aftermarket shift knob/ebrake? Or even if you don't are there any you would recommend?
    Last edited by HungarianHunter; 10-29-2008 at 10:51 PM

I used a hair dryer to do mine. I felt better that way because I wasn't baking my heads completely. It takes patience and a knife.

Start in a corner and go down both sides simultaneously.

I looked around and as long as you have an orange bulb in there you should be fine, at least that is how it is here in Texas.

Ah ok so I need to keep the bulb orange. I really like Greddy's, how they blink orange but are white otherwise. Bit too pricy for me. Are there any clear bulbs that flash orange? Kinda like how clear led's with light up different colors?

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianHunter View Post
    Ah ok so I need to keep the bulb orange. I really like Greddy's, how they blink orange but are white otherwise. Bit too pricy for me. Are there any clear bulbs that flash orange? Kinda like how clear led's with light up different colors?
    Nope, unfortunately not, or else I wouldn't have drop 50 bucks on two bulbs lol, there is a bulb that looks chrome when it's off, and is amber when it's on, but thats about it. So you can clear your corners, just make sure when your turn signals are on, they flash some form of orange. I mean I've seen the local ricers rolling around with super bright white turn signals that only flash white, and to be quite honest, at least half of them get pulled over for that shit. I even took the time to go to the local PD and ask about the legality of the switchback led's before I purchased them. They really are the best of both worlds. For now, just clear your corners and keep your orange bulbs, and save up the money and get the LED's. Also, when getting LED's, you'll need resistors so they don't blink annoyingly fast. Let me know if you need more info.
    Last edited by greddy; 10-29-2008 at 11:44 PM

Grab LED orange bulbs for my turns? Or Fogs as well? I'd like to keep my fog housing clear, and do the black paint on my headlights, put 8000k for my headlights. So what I'm unclear about with my lighting in the front is what kinda bulbs I should get for my turns and fogs.

Is there any bulb for the fogs that has a hint of blue w/o being HID?

Sorry, just wanna get some clear advice before I buy anything :) I appreciate the help!

Don't you have regular orange bulbs in your turns right now? If so, just take out the orange plastic part when paint the inside of your heads black, and it'll look good until you can get the LEDs that I have. LED's will not work for your fogs, if you want something with a hint of blue:
    http://shop.ebay.com/items/_W0QQ_dmp...ulbs&_osacat=0

All those bulbs will fit our fogs, and they have pictures of light output compared to stock, also, pick one that is DOT approved, most of them say whether they are or not. And don't be confused with the word HID in their listing, those bulbs are not HIDs.

Badass! That's exactly what i wanted. non HID bulbs with a hint of blue for my fogs. Thanks so much!! Now what about interior? Any suggestions for fabric or aftermarket shifter?

EDIT: do they sell those bulbs at Autozone?

EDIT: back to the headlight. When I take them apart with a hairdryer, should i scrape all the old glue off and use new stuff, or can I just reheat the old glue and put it back together using that?
    Last edited by HungarianHunter; 10-30-2008 at 12:38 AM

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianHunter View Post
    Badass! That's exactly what i wanted. non HID bulbs with a hint of blue for my fogs. Thanks so much!! Now what about interior? Any suggestions for fabric or aftermarket shifter?

EDIT: do they sell those bulbs at Autozone?

EDIT: back to the headlight. When I take them apart with a hairdryer, should i scrape all the old glue off and use new stuff, or can I just reheat the old glue and put it back together using that?
    I reheated my glue when I put mine back on. It sealed up nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by lavie2k9 View Post
    I reheated my glue when I put mine back on. It sealed up nicely.
    Cool man thanks! I'm hopefully going to get some faux leather-ish stuff here soon, gonna redo my panels. Then my headlights are next definitely :D

I would use new glue if I were you.

What kind? Would hot gluing it work? Or not enough heat resistance?

Started my interior!

Hey guys. So I started doing my interior, white vinyl. Hope you guys like it! Only one door panel so far, I'll update as I go :)

Here is a full shot:

And here it is up close to show texture:

For anyone that isn't familiar with vinyl it looks and feels like leather. This is my first upholstery attempt, so any advice/tips/suggestions/criticism is welcome :)

Thanks for looking :)

Looks good, but I think I would lose the wood grain. It clashes with the white and gray IMO...

Yea I'm debating whether to post a WTB black trim, or going to a junkyard to get black trim. I wanna paint as little as possible, I'm trying to avoid it. So if anyone has black trim name a price :) I'm thinking about doing the rest of the door black suede. What do you think?

Straight black and white?

I don't know...

You'd be pretty good just painting it instead of buying some unless you wanna try and sell the wood grain. That is kinda sought after and I do feel kinda bad for telling you to paint it. haha

There is someone wanting to buy a whole woodgrain set, I believe it's boochieboy, you could sell yours and buy some black or silver trim.

Yea but the problem is my center console and shifter bezel has been previously painted by the guy who previously owned the car, and the woodgrain on the doors, the clips that hold it to the door are broken, mine are just attached by the one screw in the ash tray thing, whatever that little compartment is. So I can't reallly sell it as a whole kit.

What's wrong with black and white? lol

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast