The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Voodo's car

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 21

Voodo's car

Still not running right but we though we would take a video last night after he took me back to my house to get some stuff for my car and i had a camera in my pocket.

The vid was taken as we where getting onto a highway by the time the off ramp ended he let off.
    http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z...t=MOV00501.flv

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Too shaky for me to see.

Was that the boost on the dash, and how fast did you guys get going?

yea that is the boost on the dash, his sp3 is set to 12lbs but its not hitting full boost cause his map sensor starts to freak out at 10lbs.

meh we where going about 120 when we got on the highway.

1996 galant s

This is a galant or no?

It doesn't look like one. I think I am asking a bunch of dumb questions...

Dashboard looks like a 3G Eclipse

yea its a 3g 4g64t.

1996 galant s

Yay I feel so special to have a post about me :) Yeah, that was a pull from about 20-115mph.

The set point (SP3) on my eBoost is set to around 20 meaning 20% duty cycle of the EBC solenoid. It all depends on the turbo/wastegate/spring, but with my setup, that translates to about 10.6 psi. The reason it spikes to 12 psi at the beginning is because I have the gate pressure (GP) setting too high. The eBoost can keep the wastegate completely closed until a certain boost pressure is reached to help reduce turbo lag by fighting the wastegate's natural tendency to creep open as boost rises. I think I have it set to about 9 psi; lowering it to 8 would probably eliminate the overshoot all together.

Once I resolve some issues (like Galant306m said the MAP sensor isn't functioning correctly and I might possibly have some electrical issues) and get everything working right (and get some bigger injectors) I'm planning on upping the boost to 15psi. But for now, the 7.5psi low boost setting is enough to scare V8's, and if it's not quite enough, I can raise it to 10.5psi at the touch of a button

And yeah it's a 3G Eclipse but I gotta rep the 4G64 :)

Hmm.. a lil too dark but sounds nice.

I4betterthanUR4
    Hmmm this is kinda old but gives me hope for my 4g. You gotta keep us updated! Did you fix the issues? Are you boosting around 15psi? What's numbers are you working with?

Quote Originally Posted by I4betterthanUR4 View Post
    Hmmm this is kinda old but gives me hope for my 4g. You gotta keep us updated! Did you fix the issues? Are you boosting around 15psi? What's numbers are you working with?
    Nah he has been away to college, went to start the car yesterday and bam dead battery lol optima ftw now. i think he is waiting till the next semester/spring arrives to work on her some more.

1996 galant s

The car made 230whp and 260wtq at ~8psi untuned, but after 5000 RPM, the dyno graph started spiking/fluctuating erratically and became unreadable because of the ignition breakup (or whatever reason it sputters). So 230whp was even before 5k rpm. I haven't been able pinpoint the problem yet, and it's rather hard to troubleshoot during the winter. I was running 10.5psi in the video, so I have no idea how much power the car was putting out then.

I4betterthanUR4
    Not bad. You don't have a build thread some where do you? I really want to turbo my g by end of next summer if my wallet allows. I've been slowly collecting parts and researching since last summer.

Not bad. You don't have a build thread some where do you? I really want to turbo my g by end of next summer if my wallet allows. I've been slowly collecting parts and researching since last summer.
    No unfortunately, I never made a build thread here or at Club3G. You can find my entire mod list here though

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo View Post
    No unfortunately, I never made a build thread here or at Club3G. You can find my entire mod list here though
    i knew you where a closet gay, having that site just proves it to me. LOL, jk man.

(make sure you stop by and give me my doss of bov sex before you go back to school.)

1996 galant s

Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    i knew you where a closet gay, having that site just proves it to me. LOL, jk man.
    No, I'm out of the closet now. I thought you were my partner? :smt050

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo View Post
    No, I'm out of the closet now. I thought you were my partner? :smt050
    only on saturdays.! :)

1996 galant s

sounds like an auto...with an hks bov(might be wrong) and you are tooo rich...
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

LOL, no, it's definitely a manual, that's why the BOV makes noise in between shifts... And it's running 11:5 AFR all the way to redline; the sputtering you're hearing is due to the aforementioned ignition breakup.

Rob your car is Jiz in my pants. It makes Dixey Longate.

1996 galant s

Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    Rob your car is Jiz in my pants. It makes Dixey Longate.
    :smt043 I think you mean DixieLawnGate. Speaking of which, my Dixie Wrecked right now actually ;)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast