The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New Key

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    JoshTheCash

New Key

How much would a new key cost at the dealership?

im talking the black master key for 8gen

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    depends on the year of your car. half the 99's didnt have a chip while 2000+ do.

Edit: i was lucky, mine doesnt have a chip so it was $12. but with a chip is $130+

I ebay'd a key for like $30 and they programmed it for me at the dealership (even though they usually dont program a key that isnt from them) for like $60
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

shit... i lost my only key.. so it cost me 250 to have a key made having the locksmith key my lock then programing the 2 keys.. i was depressed
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

JoshTheCash
    Yeah uhhhg i was worried about those chip costs

i lost my master key at sixflags

sux

i guess ill get another later :(

holy shat! $250? I would cry
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    I paid $6 for a new key to be cut haha, i'm one of the lucky ones who doesn't have a chip..

i told myself... at least it is harder to steal... lol
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

well i was told at a Mitsubishi dealer that it would cost $90 for a brand new key... thats why im always very careful with my key not to lose it lol

Drive, Dream, Drift.
    Drift ALL DAY

^ lol true haha
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

but also the good thing is that my momz always has an unlocking remote that the G came with just in case i ever lock the keys in, which has happened to me like 3 times... "thumbs up for unlocking remotes" lol

Drive, Dream, Drift.
    Drift ALL DAY