The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Reupholstering question

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Reupholstering question

Hey guys. This isn't so much a question on HOW to reupholster, I've read that article many times :)

But more so a question about WHAT can be reupholstered. Can the center console be reupholstered like the door panels can? Dash?

Thanks!

yeah u can do the dash... mine is like 3-4 years old and still holding well... doors ,pillars,armrest, and dash etc. u can basiclaly upholster anything as long as u prep it right..

Sweet :D

Could you give me a tut as to what you did?

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HungarianHunter View Post
    Sweet :D

Could you give me a tut as to what you did?

Yeah, it's called search dude.

ill try to make it quick.... on the doors u have to take them apart obviously... take off all the foam material (down to the plastic).. most people just cover the existing foam, but this makes it look puffy and ugly, at least to me. i took eveytthing off, sanded the plastic on the door to roughen it up.. apllied spray glue and viola,done.... the dash is kinda tricky.. u have to take off the material on top,the thin stock vynil and leave the foam..you can take the foam completely off like in the doors,but i chose to leave mine on.. the foam tears easily so be careful...if u rip a chunk of foam off u will have a dent when u upholster.. the pillars are just sanding them and spraying glue and wrapping.. thats basically it.. kinda a quick description

Alright sounds good :D Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    Yeah, it's called search dude.
    I've seen that thread, as stated in my first post on this thread :) I was just curious to see if he did it the same way or not.

where are you ac controls?

Glovebox I believe.

yea i moved em to the glove box