The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: EVO ECU will work in a DSM 4g63!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 24

EVO ECU will work in a DSM 4g63!

interesting info:

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/tuni...-2g-works.html

apparently, the evo ecu will work with the DSM 4g63's, allowing you to use Ecuflash and evoscan. This will open doors for you guys with a 4g63 swap. (i'll either use this for my starion 4g63 swap or DSMlink)
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

Yeah i saw that on dsmtuners earlier today.
    But i'm already rocking ds-map so it would definatly be a step back for me.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

I knew it will work...somebody finally DONE IT!

BTW, the Evo 1-3 ecu plug and play with the 94-95.
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by mysticj View Post
    I knew it will work...somebody finally DONE IT!

BTW, the Evo 1-3 ecu plug and play with the 94-95.
    tru that, but we're talking about a evo VIII ecu....now im stuck trying to decide between DSMlink or Ecuflash...

dsmlink is awful.

its not load based tuning, and its remedial as hell.

Plus..... with dsmlink, you really can't do much to fully tune your part throttle powerband.

Does evoscan let you run native wideband?
    meaning your ecu is ACTUALLY USING wideband readings instead of narrowband... as opposed to just having the wideband going through the ecu for nothing more than logging(like dsmlink)

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

no u cannot -- evo scan is just a logger not a tuning software -- - ecuflash is what tunes the evo ecu... U can only use narrowband for closed loop but with the evo ecu the transition is tunable and you can tune the part throttle if u need to ...

some people have figured out how to use the jdm evo 9 map sensor to go speed density using the stock ecu though... Tuned and runs off of only the map sensor but they have not released the info yet..
    Last edited by Johnathansgalant; 11-03-2008 at 01:19 PM
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    Hmm this is great news. There is a shop very near by Modified by KC . The guy there has an Evo VIII last tune ran about 660 whp. that i've been waiting till i can get a 95 eprom ecu before i have him tune it. So i'll have to look into the Evo ecu now.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ice View Post
    Hmm this is great news. There is a shop very near by Modified by KC . The guy there has an Evo VIII last tune ran about 660 whp. that i've been waiting till i can get a 95 eprom ecu before i have him tune it. So i'll have to look into the Evo ecu now.
    i got an eprom if you really want it.

already ordered a extension harness to modify and an evo ecu. i'll post up what cables needed to be jumped when i'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    dsmlink is awful.

its not load based tuning, and its remedial as hell.

Plus..... with dsmlink, you really can't do much to fully tune your part throttle powerband.

Does evoscan let you run native wideband?
    meaning your ecu is ACTUALLY USING wideband readings instead of narrowband... as opposed to just having the wideband going through the ecu for nothing more than logging(like dsmlink)
    DSMLink actually does allow for active narrow and wideband. You just need a programmable wideband like the LM-1. I am effectively simulating narrowband with my LM-1. You dont even need dsmlink for that feature. You can use the LM-1 alone.

I'm pretty sure what he's asking is if the ECU will accept the wideband signal INSTEAD of having to read a simulated narrowband signal.

222whp/250wtq

They recently updated the thread on which wires to swap, etc.
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

Quick question: Since the Evo 7+ ecu works on the 2G, will the 01+ Eclipse ecu work for us NA guys?

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

it it should...you can flash the 3g ecu with an evo rom and it works the same.

Just an update, my 7g is up and running with an Evo 8 ecu.

Quote Originally Posted by tom04841 View Post
    Just an update, my 7g is up and running with an Evo 8 ecu.
    you should update this thread with the wiring changes.

Well, It is basically the 2g ecu swap, once that is done, you follow the 2g to evo 8 ecu swap in the first post of the dsmtuners post.

The one thing I will note is that the car idles alot better than it did with the 2g ecu. I haven't taken it for a drive yet because the car is gutted. The back seat is gone and am in the process of fiberglassing my enclosure for 4 12's. I can't stand the smell...lol. That, plus the fact that the axles are out cuz I am starting the 5sp swap.

johnd
    so will the evo ecu only work for the full 4g63 swap or can you do it with the 4g64 4g63 head swap

Quote Originally Posted by johnd View Post
    so will the evo ecu only work for the full 4g63 swap or can you do it with the 4g64 4g63 head swap
    You dont have to do the full 4g63 swap, or even the 4g63 head swap. I am still on the stock 4g64 longblock. I am turbo'd, running coil-on-plug, and have no distributor....i swapped that out with a cam sensor, cam cylinder, and housing (support) from a 99+ 4g64 as seen in this thread https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=28029

johnd
    so to run the evo ecu is it pretty much the same swap as the 1g or 2g ecu and if so what would that do for the performance aspect

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast