The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: DDM Hids on sale

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
Showing results 241 to 260 of 392
    LOL at everyone who LOL at my 6 hours comment. its a little under a week and nothing. damn this blows.

Well I need a new harness and I was searching the forums and somebody recommended this harness on the site.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-...ayphotohosting

My question is will this harness be the correct one and will it work with no modding at all? Meaning that all the wires will be long enough to reach from one side to the other ect. Only my passenger side is melted so I do have one good side to plug this into.

I also need to connect this to the battery I guess. Do I just put it over the battery terminal or do I need a special connector?

Thanks for your help. I don't really know much about the electrical of a car.

i would just get the ddm harness. it plugs into the driver side headlight socket, and to the battery and a ground.

Quote Originally Posted by dwjp90 View Post
    i would just get the ddm harness. it plugs into the driver side headlight socket, and to the battery and a ground.
    So I would only have to order 1 harness from DDM for both headlights? Sorry if thats a noob question, I though it maybe replaced both sockets completly.

Is the shipping on a harness like the shipping for the HIDs? If it is I rather get the harness from somebody else because I've been waiting over 2 weeks so far and they have not shipped my HIDs out.

thats normal, it will probily be combined into your hids shipment, u still git about a week left.

Ok, I'll order the DDM harness. For $25 it's a pretty good deal.

I did noticed that there's no options to select for the harness. Isn't our harness different from other cars? Meaning that the harness needs to have a h4 socket or do I have no idea what I'm talking about?

Sorry about all the questions, I just don't want it to come and I have the wrong harness and not be able to install my HIDs properly.

Yay, just ordered mine. H4 HI/LOW, Apexcone Ballasts, 6000k

How long is processing taking around this time? Last I looked, it was slow, but that was November.
    2000 Mitsubishi Galant (totalled by semi, RIP)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant - Bought off Craigslist, received organ donation from last one:
    - Engine/5spd trans/interior/suspension/brakes/etc. all moved from old car
    - 5spd | Outlander IM | StopTech BBK | Defi VSD-X HUD

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    a month...

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    I feel like my HIDs should light up the road more, should I try adjusting the beam pattern? And would polishing my heads make a difference, they are looking cloudy

Quote Originally Posted by Serstylz2 View Post
    I feel like my HIDs should light up the road more, should I try adjusting the beam pattern? And would polishing my heads make a difference, they are looking cloudy
    The cloudy headlights can make a fair bit of difference in the beam brightness. I'd try to polish/clean them. If they're significantly crazed/clouded, you might need to do some wet sanding.

2000 Mitsubishi Galant - Bought off Craigslist, received organ donation from last one:

Quick question about the DDM harness. Does this harness plug into only one side of your stock light socket? (I have one melted) Is this harness completely compatible with out h4 socket? Meaning I don't have to cut any wires for this to connect to my stock light socket to my ballast.

I kind of posted a similar question in this topic before but I never got a response and I want to order the harness. Thanks

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    why dont u read the previous post and u will find ur answer
    03 I4

I have my new 6000k's installed from DDM, but honestly... they dont look like 6000k. I would say they look more like 4600k. Anybody else have this issue with theirs?

Quote Originally Posted by mstester View Post
    i point the side mirror up and out while watching my rear view until i see their beam go right back in their eyes. works like a charm.
    Dude, that is GENIUS. Does that actually work?

Quote Originally Posted by brad995 View Post
    Quick question about the DDM harness. Does this harness plug into only one side of your stock light socket? (I have one melted) Is this harness completely compatible with out h4 socket? Meaning I don't have to cut any wires for this to connect to my stock light socket to my ballast.

I kind of posted a similar question in this topic before but I never got a response and I want to order the harness. Thanks
    Don't order the DDM harness. Two things going on here. You are asking about part A and people are replying with part B.

You need to replace the stock harnesses in your car. Its simple. Go to Napa, ask for two headlight harnesses for your car. Get the ones with the thicker wiring (because they have two options).

The harness will come with three wires sticking out of it. Cut off your stock harness, and then splice the three wires from the harness into the three wires from where the stock harness was. Heat shrink and put electrical tape over the splices to protect them from water.

Each side should take you about 10 mins. The only thing that sucks is that Mitsu doesn't give you alot of slack with the wires, so it can be kind of a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy_o2 View Post
    why dont u read the previous post and u will find ur answer
    Man... who shat in your oatmeal this morning? Lately you've just been mouthy all over this forum. Not cool.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Thanks your your help but both have already been spliced so I think it might happen again.

I ordered the DDM harness this morning and I'll see about it when it comes, it better not take a month like my HIDs.

I ordered mine last week and got a tracking number like 3 days ago. Says they should be here in the 26th.

wtf? r u serious, luckey bastard, the holiday rush must be ding off

Quote Originally Posted by unlimited6986 View Post
    I ordered mine last week and got a tracking number like 3 days ago. Says they should be here in the 26th.
    That's pretty messed up. It should be first come first serve. I still haven't gotten a tracking number from the beginning of the month.

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post
    Don't order the DDM harness. Two things going on here. You are asking about part A and people are replying with part B.

You need to replace the stock harnesses in your car. Its simple. Go to Napa, ask for two headlight harnesses for your car. Get the ones with the thicker wiring (because they have two options).

The harness will come with three wires sticking out of it. Cut off your stock harness, and then splice the three wires from the harness into the three wires from where the stock harness was. Heat shrink and put electrical tape over the splices to protect them from water.

Each side should take you about 10 mins. The only thing that sucks is that Mitsu doesn't give you alot of slack with the wires, so it can be kind of a pain.

Man... who shat in your oatmeal this morning? Lately you've just been mouthy all over this forum. Not cool.
    im sorry but noobs are starting to piss me off so im bombing on them luckly u havent seen the worst now for the guy from new zealon starh4x now him i hate 4 what happen to ray i know its not all his fault but i still blame him
    03 I4

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast