The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Battery size

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    Tiptronic

Battery size

about a year ago, i replaced my wifes factory battery, with a smaller one that had more CCA. she went to get an oil change the other day, and the ppl told her that she should always replace the battery with one that is the same size as the factory one. said something about the electronics and stuff. how true is this

Senior TGC Member
    I dunno...I ran on a Wal-mart battery that was bigger than the stock one by a few millimeters and had no problems...
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

it makes no difference, as long as the battery is secured tightly.

size shouldn't really matter. at least 4 us. most of the car batteries on the market are made for the 12v system, which we have. the CCA's like u should should matter, u should get the ones with the most u can get that u can fit. the battery should fit securely. uhm a bigger battery will last longer than a smaller battery, but then as far as the case size, ther aren't that many that are smaller. but yea case size doesn't really matter. just make sure it fits and its in there good. i have a smaller battery than stock. i have no problems yet, but i do plan on changing mine soon just because i got the el cheapo brand battery

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

size has absolutly no impact on performance or longevity.

the only issue that usually appears with battery size is getting one thats too big, and then not being able to secure it properly. It could also potentially come into contact with the hood when you close it, which would REALLY make a mess.

queball
    i replaced mine witha 1000cc and it barley fits in there but id rather have more power then not enough since i have every thing power and my stereo system

sleepagalant
    so what would be the best to put in there if you have alot of stuff running off of it ..
    any particular brands that are better than others?
    i have a 95 s

the size of the battery is in no way an idication of its performance level or capacity.

just get a battery that physically fits, and youll be fine.