The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: about offset for 8G

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

about offset for 8G

i am looking for 18" rims for my 8G GTZ and those have many different offset
    i know +45and up is ok. +38 will rubbing.

QA is how about +40 (225-40/18 tires)??

+38 will only rub if you dont roll the fenders I believe. 00GalantGuy is running an 18x8.5 wheels with +38 offset. pm him about it
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Stock height you will be fine, if you are lowered with +38mm wheels you *may* need to roll the fenders. It largely depends on how low you lower the car, if at all.

im on 37 no rubbing, but me fenders re slightly folded in the back
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    yes. 38mm will rub. fold your fenders. it will be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by I-chih View Post
    i am looking for 18" rims for my 8G GTZ and those have many different offset
    i know +45and up is ok. +38 will rubbing.

QA is how about +40 (225-40/18 tires)??
    depends on width. width and offset TOGETHER determine clearance. we can't really calculate for you if you don't give us both measurements. w/ 225/40r18 tires i am assuming 7"-8" wheels +40? that should fit fine unless your drop deep, then you will have to roll rear fenders.

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

It really depends on your suspension set up. I was on a +12 set with compound rubber, and that would rub a little in the rear. Now with the JIC coilovers and about 1 3/4" drop in the front and 1 1/4" out back it doesn't rub at all.

The wheels in the picture are a +35 17 x 8 rear 17 x 8.5 in front. Also on a 245 so there is alot of tire there to go with it.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

will 18 inc wheel rub with tiens and eibach on v6?

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    +38 will only rub if you dont roll the fenders I believe. 00GalantGuy is running an 18x8.5 wheels with +38 offset. pm him about it
    What he said. I run 18x 8.5 enkeis. I run progress springs and gr2 struts. The only time I ever rub is over large bumps... and thats only after I got an alignment and the camber was off. Before the alignment it never rubbed

Quote Originally Posted by 01nygalant View Post
    will 18 inc wheel rub with tiens and eibach on v6?
    width? offset? tire size?

dang! this whole time i thought my evo IXs were 45 offset...but they're actually 38...WHAT DO I DO?! i dont wanna waste my moneys on rolling my fenders. 8(

Experienced TGC Member SleekGTZ's Avatar
    Mine doesn't rub. Although I'll still definitely roll my fenders (or dremel) after all this snow crap.

I have 18x7.5 with +40mm offset. Tires are 225/40/18. Lowered on Tein S-Tech, KYB-GR2.

Quote Originally Posted by kalvinsaid View Post
    dang! this whole time i thought my evo IXs were 45 offset...but they're actually 38...WHAT DO I DO?! i dont wanna waste my moneys on rolling my fenders. 8(
    just go get the right size tire. 225/45r17 (or even 215/45r17 if you're paranoid).

i shalllllllllll

(and merry christmas everyone.)

Quote Originally Posted by kalvinsaid View Post
    Rolling your fenders is free if you use a bat and a heat gun.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    Rolling your fenders is free if you use a bat and a heat gun.
    never. you wouldnt give your gf charcoal when she asked for makeup would you? same thang...HAHAHH (no offense to the people who used a bat and a heatgun)