The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Overheating... Advice would be awesome :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 33 of 33
    I would look at replacing your thermostat sometime soon, being if your run your coolant dry/overheat its highly suggested to change the thermostat because of the previous high temp your cooling system just went thru.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankv View Post
    koo. thanks ne ways bro and yup my g has never been the same since i found TGC. everyone's helpful.
    What have you done to the interior? That's what I'm working on now.

u got pm. i dont wanna be going off topic lol peace

Quote Originally Posted by chbuzz View Post
    I would look at replacing your thermostat sometime soon, being if your run your coolant dry/overheat its highly suggested to change the thermostat because of the previous high temp your cooling system just went thru.
    Cool thanks. Is a thermostat universal or galant specific? Autozone/checker?

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianHunter View Post
    Cool thanks. Is a thermostat universal or galant specific? Autozone/checker?
    Galant specific.

Where would the best bet be to find one? Online or junkyard maybe?

Where would the best bet be to find one? Online or junkyard maybe?
    Just buy it from the dealer, its like $7

Hey guys so I found a place where the previous owner put silicon to try and patch up a crack in the radiator.. not wanting to drive with a cracked radiator I ordered one at 3pm yesterday from e-bay. It was at my house at 7pm O.O

It was the most amazing shipping ever. Turns out they ship out of Phoenix, where I live, but it was still a really nice surprise. Throwing it in today :D

Thanks again for all the advice.

Hey man, do you have updates about the problem? My car is overheating due to a leak on the lower hose to the thermostat. It overheats 3/4 from the temp gauge at idle but not when I drive the car.

So you mean let it run for a bit then go in and check it through? That I have not, I'll do that first thing tomorrow though, if that's what you mean.
    he means drive the car around till the car reaches normal operating temps and then get out and look around the coolant lines for any leaks. DO NOT open the cap. its hot and pressurized.

Quote Originally Posted by jhendra83 View Post
    Hey man, do you have updates about the problem? My car is overheating due to a leak on the lower hose to the thermostat. It overheats 3/4 from the temp gauge at idle but not when I drive the car.
    if its overheating at idle but not while driving, i would assume your fan is not not working correctly either. your fans are supposed to keep your radiator cool when theres no ambient air moving thru the radiator. easy way to check is to let the car idle and get out and see if both fans are kicking on.

btw 3/4 way up on the stock gauge is like 230+ degrees. i dont know what the stock block can take but im wary of any temps 220* and higher.
    Last edited by qnz; 12-28-2008 at 02:36 PM

All the fans are working...I noticed there was a coolant leak just under the hose and thermostat housing...it looked like it's been leaking for awhile and last night I found out my coolant reservoir was dry empty!

I filled it up w/ 50-50 antifreeze last night and no more overheating. But the needle stays just almost to the midpoint. I'm gonna have to replace the lower hose and drain/flush the coolant asap.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12