The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Courtesy Lights

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Courtesy Lights

im lookin into installing sum courtesy lights outside of my 8g but i want them to come on when i unlock the doors with my remote...does anyone know where i could catch a wire to tap so i could make this possible? Thanks in advance.

im thinking the dome light supervision wire but it has a negative pulse...hmm

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    I was thinking about doing two LEDs in each door handles or if not placing 3 LEDs under the bottom my side mirrors like the Navigator

I did something similar for my underbody.. whenever I use the stock keyless entry remote to unlock or lock my doors, it fades in and out just like the dome lights would.. looks pretty tight IMO..The same concept can be used for door handles or courtesy lights.. Anyway, from what I found out... yes, the dome light "supervision" wire is a ground.. all I used was a steady 12v power supply that is constantly on.. (i think i used the cig lighter cuz it's already fused) easy money.
    MARCH 2009 COTM
    fully interfaced with Xbox Media Center. learn more at www.xbmc.org[/b]

Ballin' on a budget

werddd up..good shit...i figured thats wut i wuld have to do but wasnt sure...thanx...yea i was either thinkin about goin under the mirrors or sumthin like u see under the VIP cars...i think that looks fresh as hell...will post when i get a chance with what i actually go thru wit...thanx again

Quote Originally Posted by GUTTAZMITZ View Post
    I did something similar for my underbody.. whenever I use the stock keyless entry remote to unlock or lock my doors, it fades in and out just like the dome lights would.. looks pretty tight IMO..The same concept can be used for door handles or courtesy lights.. Anyway, from what I found out... yes, the dome light "supervision" wire is a ground.. all I used was a steady 12v power supply that is constantly on.. (i think i used the cig lighter cuz it's already fused) easy money.
    Did you just use the supervision wire for your ground I assume?
    T.I. 04 BUILD YOUR OWN