The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: window tint

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    TGC Regular

window tint

Well im kind of broke... arent we all though lol anyway i was wondering how those precut window tint kits work? Or even just the rolls of tint? im pretty sure i could put it on my self. just wondering because i dont want to waste my money.
    thanks

Experienced TGC Member SleekGTZ's Avatar
    If you haven't done it before, don't do it. The pre cut window tints looks easy to install, but it requires experience to make it look professionally installed. The back window (windshield) is the most difficult part.

Let the pros do it. It will save you a lot of time, money and headache in the long run. If you do it yourself, there is a great chance you'll get bubbles in the tint and that doesn't look good.

TGC Regular
    yea but for 30 buck compared to 300 i mean theres a lot of room for error but you can always do it again right lol I know it will be hard im just wondering if there is a difference in the material? Like is it the cheap stuff that you just use water for or does it have the adhisive. you know whatt i mean?

wow. 300. around by me its like 150. I have even seen signs up for 99 install for a 4 door car
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

$300 is rape for tint. $100 - $150 is average.

we get 300 all the time but it depends on the person and car. a 4 dr starts at 180 but some upgrade. all of our films are lifetime. some just are more expensive and some just block more heat.

dont do it yourself. youll waste time and money. plus youll just be pissed after you waste both. you should be able to get a decent job for around 150. pm me with what film the shops want to put on and ill let u know which is good.

Experienced TGC Member SleekGTZ's Avatar
    Yeah, $300 is too much.
    I got mine done for $180.

TGC Regular
    ok as far as i know there is only one shop around here that does it and they chanrged my friend with a 2 dr cavilier 300 for it soo thats why i was trying to come up with alternatives but ill go get a quote and then get back to you guys. If my windows have scratches on them will the tint buble? if so im going to get a new window.

i payed around $240 for mine but it has like a 10yr warranty on it. so if it fades or rips they will replace it for free.