The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Are racing harnesses street legal?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 34

Are racing harnesses street legal?

I was just wondering if anyone knew if racing harnesses were legal or not. I live in ohio and I was just curious if people knew the law in their own states to help me in deciding whether to get them or not. Thanks!
    -----Me at a cruise-in-----
    Guy: Thats a nicecar you have there.
    Me: Thank You
    Guy: What kind of Ford is that.
    Me: Gave him the look of death and then walked away cursing and swearing.

And I even have mitsubishi symbols on my car at that!!!!!

yeah, im pretty sure they are.

theyre coming standard on the new Evo 8, so unless they need DOT approval, im pretty sure they would be fine.

Who cares whats legal or not do what you want. Payoff the inepection station station if you have to thats what i Say. If its illegal where you at tint your windows the darkest shade so no one can see. Just do anything it your car!
    YES I STILL HAVE MY GALANT!!

the harnesses have to be approved. they also have to be secured correctly. but yea some jurisdictions are stricter than others so check the law b4 u do anything

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MidnightES)</div><div class='quotemain'>Who cares whats legal or not do what you want. Payoff the inepection station station if you have to thats what i Say. If its illegal where you at tint your windows the darkest shade so no one can see. Just do anything it your car!</div>
    not really the best advice ever given.

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    I would not see why, i think a racing harness is way better support than the regular seat belts.. I have 2 Sparco Tourino's in my with the sparco harness, never got pulled for those... But this is Florida, and damn near everything out here is legal, well kinda because cops dont really care 2 much, unless ur doing something completely stupid..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MidnightES)</div><div class='quotemain'>Who cares whats legal or not do what you want. Payoff the inepection station station if you have to thats what i Say. If its illegal where you at tint your windows the darkest shade so no one can see. Just do anything it your car!</div>
    not really the best advice ever given.</div>

And why not?

Kain
    'course they're legal. Assuming they're properly installed. If you live in a state that has safety inspections, you might wanna check it out first. Since there's no guarantee the average person knows how to properly install a racing harness, they might not like 'em. I'd say look up any local ordinances before putting them in though.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MidnightES)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MidnightES)</div><div class='quotemain'>Who cares whats legal or not do what you want. Payoff the inepection station station if you have to thats what i Say. If its illegal where you at tint your windows the darkest shade so no one can see. Just do anything it your car!</div>
    not really the best advice ever given.</div>

And why not?</div>

because its really rather dumb to advise someone to break the law for the sake of breaking the law.

I have to be careful around where i live considering just last night i was asked to get out of my car (three police cars there also) and told everything that was illegal about my car. I try to check what level of legallity or illegallity of everything i put in my car, because it is not worth getting pulled over every day of the week in my opinion!

When properly installed harnesses are legal. In fact, they are looked upon as an added safety feature. Making a harness illegal would be about as pointless as making side airbags illegal.
    You gain knowledge through learning not by increasing your post count...please search

Quote Originally Posted by graphitegalant
    I have to be careful around where i live considering just last night i was asked to get out of my car (three police cars there also) and told everything that was illegal about my car. I try to check what level of legallity or illegallity of everything i put in my car, because it is not worth getting pulled over every day of the week in my opinion!
    when doing that, make sure to get it on paper. like on an official document. if u visit the dmv or the police station, they may have a handbook that says whats legal or not. try to get a copy or if u can't make a photocopy from the book, including the books publish date etc etc info and the page number. its one thing to have something legal, but its another if i cop says its illegal. usually a cop would just let u go if u prove to him its legal but if u can't u could get that fix it ticket or something for something that was legal

Experienced TGC Member
    I've read that 5-point harnesses will bust your insides apart if not worn securely. The big metal buckel in the front can kill you.

It would be a pain in the ass to buckel all that shit everyday and be so strapped to the seat that you can't even move... IMO
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

Quote Originally Posted by 2True
    It would be a pain in the ass to buckel all that shit everyday and be so strapped to the seat that you can't even move... IMO
    this is where a much mroe harder question appears. do i put 2 harnesses so both people can wear em, or do i just put 1 for the drivers so my passenger can sit confortably. gotta please them ladies...

Nick VR4
    Quote Originally Posted by PinoyESV6
    this is where a much mroe harder question appears. do i put 2 harnesses so both people can wear em, or do i just put 1 for the drivers so my passenger can sit confortably. gotta please them ladies...
    Thats a good point
    PLUS people in back seat might get a bit pissed off
    Not very lady like to be honest strapping her in LOL
    she wouldnt be able to run though LOL jk

Harnesses make drive thrus a nightmare.
    You gain knowledge through learning not by increasing your post count...please search

Thank you all for your insight. You all have helped me out a lot. Peace!

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PinoyESV6
    Well for me anywayz a lot of girls like sitting the Sparco seats, w/the harness a lot of them think its really cool, to get out my car and see all the guyz faces looking at them getting out of this 8g.. Hell my girl she was the one who bought the seats with the harnesses, her 240sx has the Siliva JDM seats with the harnesses on those..The only good thing about the whole thing, is that my insurance went down, beside they deem it as another safety feature..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

Quote Originally Posted by manybrews
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightES
    Quote Originally Posted by manybrews
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightES
    Who cares whats legal or not do what you want. Payoff the inepection station station if you have to thats what i Say. If its illegal where you at tint your windows the darkest shade so no one can see. Just do anything it your car!
    not really the best advice ever given.
    And why not?
    because its really rather dumb to advise someone to break the law for the sake of breaking the law.
    Im not telling him to break the law just to break the law. Im telling him if he wants to put something on his car either for performance or looks do it. You'll like your car more, your car will have more appeal, and more hp. And you want to bend what you like just because its illegal? Well I say NO!!!!!!!!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MidnightES)</div><div class='quotemain'>Im not telling him to break the law just to break the law. Im telling him if he wants to put something on his car either for performance or looks do it. You'll like your car more, your car will have more appeal, and more hp. And you want to bend what you like just because its illegal? Well I say NO!!!!!!!!!!</div>
    so, then, if i like raping women and killing tourists, its okay?

see my point? just 'cause its something he likes doesnt give him the right to break the law.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast