The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Re-did my headliner and rear deck.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Showing results 61 to 70 of 70
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Here's an update for ya'll!!

I did my girlfriends healdiner today in a fabric that she liked that matched her interior. Got it done in exactly 3 hours from start to finish.. panels and everything! I'm proud of myself and my gf cause she helped out too.

She drives a 00 ES Northstar White with gray interior.

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    WOW! LOL! For a sec I thought u changed yours out for this til I read it! LMAO!
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

blue8g
    sorry to bump an old thread but was your material wide enough to where you only had to use one piece or did you have to use multiple pieces to cover the entire headliner? if that made no sense tell me lol

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue8G View Post
    sorry to bump an old thread but was your material wide enough to where you only had to use one piece or did you have to use multiple pieces to cover the entire headliner? if that made no sense tell me lol
    Ive done my headliner as well, u can check my build thread, I used one large piece. I believe you will get the best results from this, as I did.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

What was that LED looking thing hanging from your celing? Are those cop lights???
    1999 North Star White V6 8G
    2003 Yamaha R6
    2008 Lancer Evolution X

The Original FACTION from the BGR Days
    First Founder of TGC Florida 2002-2005

^I expecting that is a custom mirror for her car..!!
    My Mk4 is like a Black Hole you enter in it and who the hell knows what'll happen next???
    I sure don't, do you?

^ I think faction's talking about Jeffy's car, not his GF's. It's hanging in the back window. I would guess some lights or an LED sign perhaps...
    2000 Mitsubishi Galant (totalled by semi, RIP)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant - Bought off Craigslist, received organ donation from last one:
    - Engine/5spd trans/interior/suspension/brakes/etc. all moved from old car
    - 5spd | Outlander IM | StopTech BBK | Defi VSD-X HUD

Quote Originally Posted by Faction View Post
    What was that LED looking thing hanging from your celing? Are those cop lights???
    Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    ^I expecting that is a custom mirror for her car..!!
    Quote Originally Posted by charris View Post
    ^ I think faction's talking about Jeffy's car, not his GF's. It's hanging in the back window. I would guess some lights or an LED sign perhaps...
    he is a volunteer firefighter or paramedic. I forgot which. But they are LED lights
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    I'm an EMT.. They are emergency lights.. Thanks for all the comments... I have them in the front and rear.. Usually when you order a yard it's wide enough to cover from side to side, I usually get four yards to do the headliner and rear deck..

Hey Jeffy (and everyone else) you may have seen the black/grey checkered fabric I used for my interior. Well the doors look great, but the headliner sags unmerciful. Could it be the fabric? The back of it is completely smooth, which I later realized could make it harder for the glue to grab onto it and hold it to the headliner? I used 3m super 90, and sprayed it generously, let it get tacky, and worked the fabric on. Should I just get a thicker material (well not necessarily thicker, just more "grab able" for the glue) and redo it? Like black vinyl maybe?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234