The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: any one ever check if the new style jdm fogs fit the 02 8g

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

any one ever check if the new style jdm fogs fit the 02 8g

i was looking at the new style jdm fog lights and was wondering if anyone tried them on a 02-03 bumper... has anyone tried.. ?
    Last edited by guynlidia2006; 11-03-2008 at 06:50 PM
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

For one thing, the outer curve on the 02-03 goes down, rather than up. I don't know, maybe you can flip it over :dunno:

hmm... the size looks about right...
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

i dont know man... i've got the Dolphin bumper which those fogs fit perfectly in to, and I have the 02 bumper on my car and Ill have to take a look at it again tomorrow when i get my car back, but im pretty sure the opening on the 02 is MUCH bigger than those fogs.
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4G64 */* !!NEW!! 03 Honda CBR F4i
    * a little done -*- more to come *
    My Dual Halo H3 Projector Project

let me know man, thanks..
    Mods:

you know they are about 300 dollars right?

omg really!! of course i know that...
    Mods:

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    i have another set for $225 shipped and paypalled.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    That number 87 reflection looks kind of familiar..

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    where? all i can see is jeffylou. :p

I'm sure you can make them fit, it wasn't hard getting the old style fogs into the 8Ga bumper. You'll probably have to flip these upside down, and you'll have to make custom brackets for sure, and a good deal of trimming to get it to sit right. Also, I don't know if the new styles are projectors or not, but you'll have to get them to sit just right so the beam is pointed in the proper direction. Just my 2 cents.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

i dunno how good it would come out. tomorrow ill get actually measurments, but if I remeber correctly there are BIG differences in the size of the 02 fog area and my dolphin bumper
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4G64 */* !!NEW!! 03 Honda CBR F4i
    * a little done -*- more to come *
    My Dual Halo H3 Projector Project

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    I'm sure you can make them fit, it wasn't hard getting the old style fogs into the 8Ga bumper. You'll probably have to flip these upside down, and you'll have to make custom brackets for sure, and a good deal of trimming to get it to sit right. Also, I don't know if the new styles are projectors or not, but you'll have to get them to sit just right so the beam is pointed in the proper direction. Just my 2 cents.
    if those get flipped upside down then the fogs will be on the outside rather the inside which will beat the purpose of having them
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    if those get flipped upside down then the fogs will be on the outside rather the inside which will beat the purpose of having them
    What do you mean, on the outside? If you flip them upside down, then switch the sides, the fogs would still be on the inside. I was saying, if you take the drivers side fog, flip it upside down, then put it in the passengers side fog opening.

they won't fit. the o2 bumper is much larger.
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    they won't fit. the o2 bumper is much larger.
    That's not necessarily bad, it just means fabbing up some custom brackets and maybe some extra trim around the edges of the lights to fill the gaps, at least we know they'll fit inside. I'd try it if I had the 8Gb front bumper.