The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Oil issues! HELP!!!!

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Oil issues! HELP!!!!

Ok, so I got the oil changed a few weeks ago....maybe 3 weeks ago...now the car is basically empty! WTF!? No leaks (really) and the car is not burning 4.5 quarts that fast. Its impossible. Is the oil pan seal maybe bad? Any ideas? This bitch is drinkin oil like a bunch of hicks in a beer drinking contest!

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    yes we can! :p

have you checked the obvious first and gotten under the car? i don't know what mods you have on this car but do you have a oil cooler? checked compression? fillter loose?
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    You did a good inspection underneath the car right for signs of oil leakage?

The oil has be going somewhere and if you are burning that much oil...it would be definitely noticable.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Is it empty? as in your oil pressure light is on, you pulled the drain plug and rainbow colored metal poured out?

Or is there just no oil on the stick?

cause you could be as little as 2 quarts low. not empty.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Well I see a little oil on the bottom...but I have always seen a little. I noticed my block has some near the header...might need a new head gasket. Dont know if that would make a difference. I think I need a new oil pan seal too...well new RTV put in. I think the oil on the block and the little I see on the bottom of the pan would do it. When I say the car was empty... I mean empty. The dipstick doesnt register any oil. Apparently there is still some in there because I get no light, but I know when I hear lifter tick...its out of oil

add a quart of oil and run the engine till it gets to op. temp.(dont drive the car) turn car off, let it cool and then check your oil level, you could just be a quort short. this also lets you see if there is a leak cause if there is the oil will drip under your car.

Well the leak that is there NEVER drips any under the car sitting. I have had to put 3 quarts in and it will run fine, I have checked the oil before putting the 3 in and thats how I know it was empty. I drove the car home from work and heard the lifters. I checked it, cuz of course it was already warmed up, and it didnt register oil on the stick at all