The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I need shocks and struts 4 my 8g

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

I need shocks and struts 4 my 8g

well i got the tein lower spring for my galant 99 es 2.4l but now i need shocks cuz theres nt pression on the old ones well im new on this and actully i knw a lil bit of cars and i want to learn more so does anyone knws where can i get it for my galant 1.7 and 1.3 inch lower thanks guys

http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j2...view=slideshow

Search my man, search, there are SO MANY THREADS DISCUSSING THIS TOPIC ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY! But since you're new, I'll be nice. Go with KYB GR-2 or KYB AGX shocks. The AGX will last longer and have dampning adjustment. Welcome to TGC, and search before you ask a question next time. :)
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

....................-_-

my bad well thanks 4 the help i will check it out hey where u stay at?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    my bad well thanks 4 the help i will check it out hey where u stay at?!?!?
    hey where u stay at? Are you asking where I live? I'm confused.

8g

yup well im here at CALI....!!! and u!?!?!

I'm in Oregon, you can just look at the thing in the top right corner of my post that says Location: Oregon/

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    Search my man, search, there are SO MANY THREADS DISCUSSING THIS TOPIC ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY! But since you're new, I'll be nice. Go with KYB GR-2 or KYB AGX shocks. The AGX will last longer and have dampning adjustment. Welcome to TGC, and search before you ask a question next time. :)
    I definately recommend going with AGX. I have GR2s and its only been 5 months and my rears are already shot.
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4G64 */* !!NEW!! 03 Honda CBR F4i
    * a little done -*- more to come *
    My Dual Halo H3 Projector Project

Quote Originally Posted by airborneparainf82 View Post
    I definately recommend going with AGX. I have GR2s and its only been 5 months and my rears are already shot.
    What springs are you dropped on?

Tien-S

Damn, it only took five months, my stockers that I've had on the car since it was new lasted a good 8 months before the rears blew, and fronts were still ok when I pulled them off.

yeah the front are good, but I think just from a good bit of freeway driving, especially the drive from NC to AZ, they were being worked on those shitty freeways. Just sucks cuz I want to just do coilovers, but Im really needing to not spend this money I hate set aside. i might just ride it out a little, just annoying as shit cuz the car bounces around like no other.

You should ride it out, and get your dolphin bumper on and get the car painted, have you decided on a color.

no just all modding to my galant is stopping temp. since I go to school full time and dont work Im trying to avoid tapping in to my bonus $$ too much, so im going to be rationing myself off my GI Bill to set aside for the rest of the stuff I want to buy (skirts, hood, rear) I might end up holding off on the paint until later and just color match to what I got already. who knows.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    hey sponcar if you ever see a north star white G with stock spoiler, black grill, and gold wheels, be sure to give a honk :)

Quote Originally Posted by airborneparainf82 View Post
    no just all modding to my galant is stopping temp. since I go to school full time and dont work Im trying to avoid tapping in to my bonus $$ too much, so im going to be rationing myself off my GI Bill to set aside for the rest of the stuff I want to buy (skirts, hood, rear) I might end up holding off on the paint until later and just color match to what I got already. who knows.
    I see, that makes sense, I'm in much the same situation you're in, but I have a garage full of parts that I don't need that I've been slowly selling and I work on campus about 15 hours a week.

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    Where in la r u im in la too
    03 I4

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=32316

SOCAL IS HAVING A MEET ALL THE INFO IN IN THE LINK
    03 I4