The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Electrical problem with Foglight, Washer and Turn Signals

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    Beavis

Electrical problem with Foglight, Washer and Turn Signals

Anybody have any tips on what could cause 1.) my turn signals to stop working 2.) foglights not working 3.) highbeams not working and 4.) washer not working?

The turn signal lights are good, they work with hazards. I checked all the fuses I could find...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

You've got one or more blown fuses. Check both under the hood and in the cabin fuseboxes.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

theyre all controlled by the "front ecu" located in the underhood fuse panel.
    either you dislodged it somehow, its damaged, or there is a failed fuse for it.

check all the bulbs and all the fuses, some has several functions (linked circuits), the fog lights works with the low-hi beam, so if one of the fuses is blown, the fogs will not work, maybe the wipers are linked to one of these fuses. If all fuses and bulbs are ok, the front ecu is damaged.

'00 Patriot Red GTZ --> JDM'ed... 5 Speed... ...

its also possible that the column ECU is to blame, or the multi-plexed bus wiring is somehow damaged.

Beavis
    I checked all the fuses and bulbs.. everything is good there.
    So it's probably a problem with the front ECU like you said.

Thanks.

there was a steering column issue that turned into a recall a few years back... my car was fixed under this recall when my signal started "sticking" after a turn. the defect might affect a bunch of thigs as well. check w/ any dealership if your car needs this recall.

that recall only effected the turn signal switch on a few early galants. it wouldnt effect anything else.