The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Service Engine Soon Light makes me a sad panda...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 47 of 47
    Get a flush and see the outcome yourself... if the transmission is infact slipping, you may need to get that addressed at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    They are probably feeding you a bunch of crap because you don't know what they are saying. If you say that there's no leak, why didn't you tell them that when they said it was leaking, ask them to show you where? I love it when I take my car to the shop , simply because I don't have a tool to do the job but I know what needs to be done, and they send some white collar dude to explain to me a bunch a crap I don't need and then I have to tell them what I want done and not what they want.

Anyway, my advice is to go get the transmission flushed and get the other stuff done and go from there dude. If it still slips after that then get ready for a more expensive fix down the road. It's cheaper to buy a transmission and have a friend help you install it then paying 1000 or more. You can get a transmission fo like 300 to 400 bucks dude.
    Thanks so much man, that's the answer I was hoping for haha :) I'm going to get it flushed today, so I'll see after that. Thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it, it makes me worry so much less getting advice from you guys :)

Thanks to everyone else who has helped!!

So I just had the fluid flushed and oil changed. It was literally black and chunky (the tranny fluid) so it was more like transmission PASTE... not good. So that's all taken care of, it runs soooo much better, and I haven't even done the gasket/spark plug swap yet (no time)

While I was there they recommended a fuel system cleaning, so they showed me how to do that, so I'll be doing that and the gaskets/plugs my next day off. Then I just need a window regulator and my baby will be all patched up :D

Once again thanks to everyone :)

Side note: I hear this wierd sort of ratling/grinding noise when I hit about 45ish, but it's on and off, not always and does not seem to be related to anything. It goes away when I slow down. Seems to be coming from the left side. If nobody has a guess I'll have em look at it on thursday, when I'm due back at the place I was at today so they can make sure everything is cool.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    The bearing might be going out or maybe a bad axle, not sure considering I don't have much to go on.

Hey guys, I once again call upon your expertise :)

I got the valve cover off, cleaned all the oil from the spark plug tubes, replaced the spark plug grommets, and got to replacing the valve cover gasket... I can't get the freakin thing off. I did the whole fuel system cleaning too, so all I have left to do is that big gasket, and it's very brittle and it's like adhered to the valve cover it seems. Any ideas for removing the gasket so I can replace it?

Thanks!

I took a torch to mine because I just swapped valve covers today, but did you let the engine heat up before you took the valve cover off. If you do that, the gasket should be pretty soft and mushy, then you can pry one end up and slowly pull it out. I always take a torch to it after I'm done to make sure I got all the rubber out then used compressed air to clean it up.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

lp3131
    Sexual harrasment panda

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123