The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Car is totaled.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 53
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    Wow! Glad you are ok. That car is beyond totaled, that car is trashed.
    i doubt it, you could buff it out.

Quote Originally Posted by UTR View Post
    I was going about 35, then had when I realized she wasn't stopping I braked, but it was wayyy too late.
    Wow! Only 35! You wouldn't think going that slow would cause that much damage. Especially having hit your brakes (even a little) before impact.

Or by "about 35" do you mean, you know, something close. Like, say 70? lol
    -Well that never happened in the simulations.
    -'94 Galant GS Turbo

I´m sorry for your car man, good thing you were wearing your seatbelt, that saved your life...
    '99 SuperSaloon 110% Stock... Yet...

Sorry to see but glad your ok man. Rather the G totaled than you. Thank god for seat belts.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwjp90 View Post
    i doubt it, you could buff it out.
    dont forget a lil duct tape can work wonders! :D

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    First off I am glad you made it out alive and with no serious injuries

2nd...8g's are solid cars and from the pics of your accident, the Galant did its job on taking the brunt of the impact and protecting you in the car. The crumple zones definitely did its job and as you can see from the A pillar to the back of the car..it looks like a normal car.

After my fiance's accident last year in her 8g and considering how fast the other girl hit her and where she hit my girls 8g, its amazing how well her 8g held up and she made it out alive. Every person that I encountered that was there from firefighters, the towing company and even the cop all were speechless on how well my fiances 8g held up in the type of crash it was involved in.

Glad to see you alive and well and posting here....though its unfortunate your car was totalled.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    thank god your OK

Yeah its 110% totalled
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

wow, you got lucky! i've had a few close ones this week (none of them my fault: truck hauling ass across the mall parking spaces, almost sideswiped a girl in a civic that didnt bother using turn signals to change lanes... and almost hit a deer the other night.)

Glad you're OK, and this reinforces the need to wear seatbelts. Both airbags deployed, frame bent, yes the car is totaled and you can be expecting a check from your insurance company.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Quote Originally Posted by the_boogiman View Post
    Wow! Only 35! You wouldn't think going that slow would cause that much damage. Especially having hit your brakes (even a little) before impact.

Modern cars are meant to crumple like that so that the force of the impact is absorb by the car, instead of the passengers inside. The Galant did its job, and did it well.

She was hit head on, the other car can be assumed to have been traveling at a similar speed, so yes cumulatively the speed would have been about 70-80 mph.
    Last edited by RedGalant2k1; 11-15-2008 at 08:25 PM

glad to hear the galant saved your life...

No no I was during rush hour and it was raining out, I was not going that fast. I collided with a Ford Explorer, that probably explains the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55 View Post
    Glad you're OK, and this reinforces the need to wear seatbelts. Both airbags deployed, frame bent, yes the car is totaled and you can be expecting a check from your insurance company.
    I do not have full coverage, the other woman's insurance company will take care of it. Also not a big deal, but everyone is calling me man and saying 'he' but I am a girl!

haha a ford exploder.

HAHA alway specify or were gonna assume its a guy lolz

I do not have full coverage, the other woman's insurance company will take care of it. Also not a big deal, but everyone is calling me man and saying 'he' but I am a girl!
    yeah your like 1 of 3, so we just assumed you had a package

you plan on getting another G?
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4G64 */* !!NEW!! 03 Honda CBR F4i
    * a little done -*- more to come *
    My Dual Halo H3 Projector Project

I'm not sure. I like them, but it depends how much money I get for the car/injuries.

I'm not sure. I like them, but it depends how much money I get for the car/injuries.
    Well you're only going to get book minus whatever you owe on the car from the insurance company. If you haven't done so already, call a lawyer and get some representation. If the accident was clearly the other drivers fault, you have a winnable case and may be able to collect punitive damages. Also the lawyer won't charge you anything unless you win the case.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

I second the lawyer bit. They insurance company will try at all ends to get you to settle for less than you deserve. Its what they do.
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4G64 */* !!NEW!! 03 Honda CBR F4i
    * a little done -*- more to come *
    My Dual Halo H3 Projector Project

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast