The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I want my galant really really fast!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 93
    TGC Regular

I want my galant really really fast!

I bought my galant 4 years ago it was an 02 it was a v4 I think. I don't have a whole lot of money and too scared to to do mods as of yet. My buddy owns an Accord and he thinks I should slap a turbo in it. Should I slap on a turbo or go nos? I there a turbo kit avaliable for the g? Will it make it go fast? If so, I like to drop the car 2 inches but my friend said you can put really strong clamps or get it cut short because it saves money or something. I also want to know if there's any cherry bomb mufflers for the g, if so I'm happy. I'm not looking for body kits because of money but do I want to know if they make front lip spoilers or such for the g? Can I get a TGC sticker to support my homies? I'll let my presence be known in my local scene that galants can look really nice. I see g's with corners cleared where can I buy that, is it expensive? I just want to make it look like the g on that modified mag issue some time ago any help/advice is appreciated :) Thanks, laterz
    Last edited by ADExternal; 11-16-2008 at 04:53 PM

1. You need to make a new friend
    2. if you have no money, your galant will NEVER be fast
    3.You should slap your buddy instead
    4.Do not cut your springs please, ask if someone has a use set of springs which they are selling, cutting springs is NOT SAFE
    5.They do make lip spoilers, check the Tutorial section in the forum member "gspot" has a nice detailed tut for lips
    6.Clear Corner you do your self, agian check Tutorial section its thier
    7. Your G will NEVER look like the one in modifed mag if you dont want to spend $$$ and im talking about 15-20K range
    8.Search, Search & Search you can find out alot of things about turbo costs for the galant, Exhuast available and suspension.
    9. Its I-4 Not V4

Welcome to TGC, I hope you enjoy your stay
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Experienced TGC Member glantv699's Avatar
    1.) Your friend with the accord is an idiot; do not listen to him

2.) Turbo's do not get "slapped" onto your car

3.) I4, not V4, your engine is inline

4.) There are turbo kits made specifically for the Galant (mainly from Tearstone); building your own setup is better

5.) Don't bother turboing your car, unless you have the time to study up and actually learning something about the world of forced induction

6.) NOS is cool, for the first few sprays then all your stock internals get destroyed, goodbye engine

7.) Your friend with the accord is still an idiot

8.) Cutting springs is not safe; if you want to save money just buy the lowering springs and put them on your stock shocks and struts (have fun with that ride)

9.) You can put a universal muffler on most vehicles, certain ones fit better than others, a muffler will not make your car faster, just affects the sound

10.) No lips are made for the stock Galant bumper although there are many options for JDM setups, you can buy a lip for another vehicle and do some modification to fit on your car

11.) Clearing your corners is a free mod, it can be done yourself, check the tutuorials section

12.) Your G will never look like the one in Modified months ago, unless you have thousands to invest and the resources to import certain parts....I don't blame you for aiming that high, it is a G we all on here know, love, and respect

This is my help and advice to you. I suggest you spend your time searching the forums and use what I've told you as a starting point. Thank goodness you didn't make 10+ different threads....

Anyways, welcome to TGC, and hope you can mod your grammar/sentence structure before anything.

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST
    > 2010 Evolution X SE #183 of 340 (1 of 54 in Octane Blue)
    > 1999 ES V6 (Sold 2/2011)

Ron, are you spying on me? Our responses are freakishly alike...haha

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST

lol yeah i just noticed that hahah, i was like what deja vu
    13 GTR

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    wow, you have so many questions that can be easily answered by searching. prepare to get bombed on

TGC Regular
    Is there jdm of our cars? my buddy said only Lancers have jdms and galants are not built in japan. is this true?

TGC Regular
    I don't know a whole lot about cars but is there a way to get a vr-4 converted? my buddy did it with his accord and just wanting to know I could do this with my g?

use the search button before u ask stupid questions... stupid answers...

you should ghet a big spoiler and a bunch of stickers, that will add at leakt 25 hp... oh and remove the stock intake and use a coffee filter... also get one of thouse inserts in the exhaust that makes the blow off valve sound... and better yet install an interecooler in the bumper... oh and neons under the car, then where your done with that and people point and laugh, use the search button
    Last edited by guynlidia2006; 11-16-2008 at 05:17 PM
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    please stop posting

Quote Originally Posted by ADExternal View Post
    Is there jdm of our cars? my buddy said only Lancers have jdms and galants are not built in japan. is this true?
    ur buddy is the only person you should listen too... he is smart...
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

TGC Regular
    but what about the vr-4 conversion? my galant on gran turismo is pretty fast it got around 11 seconds on the 1/4 i want it like that fast :)

your "buddy"---> FAIL

I don't know a whole lot about cars but is there a way to get a vr-4 converted? my buddy did it with his accord and just wanting to know I could do this with my g?
    FAIL x 2

but what about the vr-4 conversion? my galant on gran turismo is pretty fast it got around 11 seconds on the 1/4 i want it like that fast :)
    6G VR-4 = 11 second potential

Video Game Theory + your Galant = FAIL x 3

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST

TGC Regular
    you guys still haven't answer the vr-4 question can it be done or not?

He's a retard, He's prob a old member or someone who's trying to get attention or stir up drama..BAN STICK!
    13 GTR

you guys still haven't answer the vr-4 question can it be done or not?
    Not in your garage.

By the way, please define VR-4, we would all like to know what it means...

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST

TGC Regular
    i just want my galant to go fast and nothing else

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by glantv699 View Post
    Not in your garage.

By the way, please define VR-4, we would all like to know what it means...
    my buddy says it's like a Civic type R for mitsus

You should probably go buy an Accord

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST

drop it off a bridge,,, i bet your buddy would think your cool
    Mods:

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast