The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Phizzalot's Turbo Build (In Process)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 86

Phizzalot's Turbo Build (Stable) Boost--A--Leak

So I decided to make a new thread since I have pased the point of collecting parts for my turbo build and have acctually started to install them.

So here are a few photos and a litttle description..

Here is an overall view, (don't mind the radiator, I will be replacing it)

Here is a close up of the outlet of the turbo where i used a 2.25 elbow to conect to a modified 2g intake tube. ( Iam going to a clamp to the rubber side soon just don't have any that fit now)

Here is how the intake and maft will sit. ( iwill proably make a little brackt to hold it away from the enging mount)

Here we have the injector rewire (it pretty messy now but it'll work for the meantime)

other things I have done but haven't taken pictures of are the 2g oilpan install, downpipe and Safc.

Onlly problem i ran into so far was with forgetting to remove the 1g o2sensor and replacing it with the one from my galant. Is there a way to rewire the 1g o2sensor to make it work with the galant?

Thanx for looking, any comments welcome. I will be up dating tommorow afternoon when I run more intercooler piping.
    Last edited by phizzalot; 01-30-2009 at 12:17 PM Reason: Update 1
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    If your wiring is right, go ahead and save yourself the headache and get rid of those connectors. Solder the connections and use some heat shrink, you will thank me later.

Otherwise, looks good so far. Interesting location for the intake pipe.
    7g for life!

word! I was wondering what to do about that intake pipe. nice idea
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

nice idea on the intake pipe.

Your wiring(no offense)
    is the worst i've ever seen.
    Not trying to be a dick.....
    but you really need to put more effort into it.
    would have been better off loosely twisting wires together and wrapping it with electrical tape.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

phizz finally --- just gimme ur o2 sensor i need one -- but if u wish to use it u gotta cut the harness and solder the 4 wires to ur old o2s harness
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

Thanx seth, Any Ideas on the o2 rewire? This is the first time I've ever used conectors, They worked well on my TT instal for my evo and safc Install for the galant so I though Id give it a go.

Oh Dohc No offense taken... I almost take it as a compliment since i will be remebered for something unique in this instal LOL :)

I don't have acess to any electrical outlet where iam doing this so later Ill clean it up...
    I know theres not a lot of airflow in that area but it should work for the moment.

Thanx for the compliments everyone, I know this install is way passed due :)
    Last edited by phizzalot; 11-16-2008 at 10:55 PM

i'll definatly never forget that picture.

you can solder with a lighter and fluxcore solder.
    just heat the wire with the lighter till its hot, then touch the solder to it and it should soak it right up.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

about time. thats where i was gonna put my intake too.

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    Way to come along Phizz. Yeah that wiring is definitely One Off!! Again nice idea on the intake.

Good to see another 7g going turbo. I have scheduled my turbo installation right after the 5spd swap, and hopefully will be done by January. Good luck tho!

Are you auto or 5 spd? And how are gonna tune this - SAFC, MAFT, wideband?
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

he's 5-spd
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Wow man...good to see your endeavor into turboing your 7g man! Wasn't too long since we discussed a few things you wanted to do.

What kind of connectors are you using? Are those the spider clip types...if so, I would at least upgrade to nice solid crimp style connectors.

Where you routed your intake and filter was something I was contiplating when I installed the turbo on -G-rim. Though...the I/C piping routing my friend suggested wouldn't allow that to work. So how are you going to route your cold side i/c piping?

Looks great man...like I said, if you need some help just give me a holla. Let me know when you drive the car down...I got another 7g buddy of mine that wouldn't mind seeing yours

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Thanx g-rim and everyone, and yes iam 5speed, I used to have my mods up in the old garage section but will add em up again.... All I was able to do today was the cold side intercooler piping and mock up the LICP from the turbo but I have to pick up a gasket for the j-pipe/turbo oulet before i install it.

So far its a tight squeeze but iam sure it will hold up....

the bend going down to the interooler

this end will hook up to the fmic

just another pick of the cold side setup.. Iam not sure but I think I will flip the bov around and put a pipe straight into the intake...

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Looks great bro.

The only I would suggest from your I/C piping is to use Tbolt clamps instead of those worm clamps. They are a bit more pricey than worm clamps...but reduce the chance of boost leaks and Tbolt clamps have a much more secure fit than worm clamps.

I would like to see the car when its done some time man!

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

also change those home depot couplers they will not hold... phizz whats engine management?
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Second the tbolt clamps. Never blew one ic pipe with them.
    7g for life!

Questions

What type of MAF Sensore is that because if its stock the car wont even start and if it does it will run like shit. Second like everyone else said those home depot couplers wil melt adn stretch to shit after one run ....

Experienced TGC Member
    Good shit fizz. Glad to see your finally boosting that thing. I would ditch the hd couplers and worm clamps like stated above. Keep up the good work bro ;)
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

Well I thought the HD Couplers wold hold for the mean time but I guess I got to start checking out some other places to get some from.. This is not a Daily driven car aymore so Iam not too worried with this setup lasting for a long time...

Iam using the SAFC for engine mgmt. As stated before iam not looking for anthing crazy right now, just something to get it turned on and runnning, maybe to the grocery store and to work 10-15mile trip.

I have more pics to show but things have been put on hold until I get a jpipe to work with the 16g :(

You can get couplers from http://www.hosetechniques.com/

Right now they are having a sale, and the prices are great. Their couplers are really good too.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast