The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Phizzalot's Turbo Build (In Process)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Showing results 81 to 86 of 86
    Quote Originally Posted by Galantfan88 View Post
    Holy shit man I can not wait to see this, good luck with everything and deff keep all of us posted.
    x2

Sup everyone,

I moved to a new apt with a 1car garage so I hopefully I will be able to get some more work done on the G soon :) Haven't done anything lately but wash it and clean up the turbo setup.

Changes... Sept 26, 2011
    Refurb Ac Compressor
    Refurb Ac Condensor
    New Expansion valve
    New 6 Puck XTD Sprung Clutch and Stage 4 PP
    Prothane Transmission passenger mount.
    Zeitronix Wideband wiring kit installed.
    and a fresh wash..

I got some custom work coming along for the light's can't wait to get a few more pieces in..

Here are some pics for now.
    After wash

Need color suggestions :)

Back to the garage until i can get her finished for the road trip.
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

Experienced TGC Member
    HAHA! I just bought myself an xtd clutch sunday. My clutch slipped very very very bad. Took the flywheel to the machine shop and the guy said it was pretty bad lol... What do you think about the stage 4? I got the stage 3 with a sprung 6 puck. I read mixed reviews about the springs falling out BUT ALL of those reviews were from AWD cars and people launching at 5500 rpm. I cant wait to see how my car will do with a good clutch. It was so bad 2nd gear would slip the whole time. Keep us updated!

wsup Shadow, I did a lot of research as well and I only found people talking negative about XTD and "0" photos of actual XTD clutch's failing.. I called before ordering the clutch and made sure to get the Stage 4 Pressure plate with the sprung 6 Puck disc that comes with the stage 3.

Its been installed for about a month or so and transmission shifts are extremely quick!!!! The only negative so far is low speeds like trying to back into that garage or easing off slowly from a start is ruff. This clutch is an on or off type of clutch but still has some slip capability to it if given some gas.

I can't wait to get some regular driving miles on it so I can see how it handles under boost.

Experienced TGC Member
    I know my F1 clutch was complete shit! It slipped when i was N/A. I had the same clutch in my gf's gst and it held up to 30+ lbs of boost for 6 miles till we threw a rod (very very very long story). Anywho, how stiff is that stage 4 pressure plate? I was going to go with that but i had 800+ lbs of sheet rock fall on me 5 years ago and my knee kills me sometimes.

Well I like the feel of the pressure plate. its definitely stiffer then stock but not as stiff as the aftermarket clutch in my Evo 9 (RPS Turbo Max). I don't think you will notice the difference after a few weeks of driving.

I heard bad stories about the low stages on F1 clutches. The census seems that if you are going to spend money on an ebay clutch to get the level 3 /level 4 stage's.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345