The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Phizzalot's Turbo Build (In Process)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 61 to 80 of 86
    Instead of cutting up the laptop, why not just buy a seperate liliput touch screen and mold that in and connect it to the EEE. That way you can keep the EEE intact in case you want to sell it, or even just to pull out of the car and use as a regular laptop sometimes.

Instead of the EEE, I would rock one of these in my car.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/07/13/b...supercuteitis/

HAWT!

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Bro...you need to send me some info on that 98 2g Ecu to make it FLASH capable to me.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

the new tactrix 2.0 cable is able to read and flash 98-99 DSM ecus. I'm not sure if it will work for a 7g, but I have the 2.0 cable if you wanna try with your car Ron.

Im willing to bet that you can now flash "unflashable" 8g 1999-2000 ecus as well but have not tried yet.

Qnz ur crazy man.. I know you would rock that super cute thang lol :)...

I guess an extra 100.00 for the lilliput isn't bad... will see. Hey G-rim theres a bunch of threads over at dsmtuners about them reflashing it and using ecuflash to modify tables.. I duno too much about it but Iam trying to get the in carpc thing gong first then swaping over to the 2g ecu.

I have one with the model number MD346675. If you run a search on that number over at dsmtuners you will see what they have done with it..
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

OK not a big update or anything but I've got my new clutch in,

I haven't broke it in yet but the shifts are alot smoother so far and driveablilty seems to be in line... (note the pressure plate did not fit rubbed bellhousing )

Replaced Leaky slave cylinder...

Picked up the rear gs conversion...

Quick photo of when I got the transmission in...

that bumper suks... I'll put it on once I put it on the road again....

Other little things I have include

perrin mbc

jmf adapter plate for 1g...

with

Now I have complete 2.25 cold side piping with 1gbov No more dipping down to a stock 1g pipe...

Things Iam planning on picking up soon include
    New coolant sensor ( i believe I busted mine up when installing transmission)
    another rack and pinion the one I picked up autozone a while back is leaking :(

and another photo I found when I switched out my rims...

Looking good bro. Didnt really need the rear hubs, unless yours are shot. What rear rotors are you getting?
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Hmm... really I thought I needed gs rear hubs for some reasons cause I will be keeping these 4 lug rims for a while....

Haven't given much thought into rotors. Something slotted not drilled for the rear and probably drilled and slotted for the front....

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phizzalot View Post
    Hmm... really I thought I needed gs rear hubs for some reasons cause I will be keeping these 4 lug rims for a while....

Haven't given much thought into rotors. Something slotted not drilled for the rear and probably drilled and slotted for the front....
    It would look out of whack with that setup. Go for the same front and rear. Trust me. it is very noticeable.

Yo Phizz, do you have a GS in the j/y close to you?

Build Thread

Ya there was 2 but everytime I get to the yard, the motors are already ripped out completely :(...

Makes sense skrap, I'll probably just get a cheap set from ebay, ( i just heard drilled rotors don't do much for the rear brake)

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    Looking good Phizz. I'd like to see how much you cut for fitment on that front bumper and fmic

Looking good man.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

that perrin mbc is a good product! I have it!
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Here is a vid I made when I got the the IC Piping and bov redone. It really poor quality but my BB was dead at the moment so I used a moto rokr z6 lol :)

It developed a boost leak so I have to hunt that down and get some miles on the clutch before I go out for boos t again...

check it out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4C9lRlyUsc

now we want a full boost pull video

Build Thread

OK so its been a while since I've driven my 7g and since I've have taken it out, I've hit some snags..

First that clutch kit above does not work for me :( it is too large and rubs against the bellhousing when installed...

I opted for an exedy stage 1 and so far has been holding up well. While I was at it, I've bought the prothane bushing kit and divided the pieces between my brother and i (He has a GS) . I also came across a sale at tire rack on koni yellow sports for about 250.00 for a set of new front shocks.

Now for the bad.. my driver side hub seperated on me pulling out of a gas station and destroyed my axle with it :(. The tow truck came along and added insult to injury by pulling my car onto the flatebed and cracking my back bumper and side skirts :( Nothing that can't be fixed though :)

So now my 7g is back up and running.
    things in my to do list involves only mainteance now..

Fix all leaks
    Get an Alignment. (well overdue after all the work ive done on the suspension)

and Last but not Least is to head out to PBIR Drag strip to get a respectable time slip :)

The only other upgrade I can see for now is with the 2g eclipse ecu. It should be nice to see a comparison between the 7g ecu and the 2g ecu time slips.

Experienced TGC Member
    hey man i have the rear bumper and sideskirts if u need them. i also have the front end like yours. 250 for all of it plus shipping.

Well Its been a while since i'v updated this post but I figured its about time.

The Above Pressure plate setup wouldn't fit in my FWD Manual Transmission so instead of buying one that could fit I decided on getting this :)

AWD Manual Transmission and Transfer Case from 95 Eclipse GSX (80,000miles)

Awd Gas Tank and Trey to Hold it up

Awd Rear Sub frame with rear differential ( i got everything from rotor to rotor)

Also have but not pictured is the drive shaft and brackets that came off the car :)
    Also received my DOHC 4g63 Head a little while ago but am still collecting parts to get it together.

I really don't plan on putting this in anytime soon but I decided to get these parts since I had the cash flow at the time and it was a great deal!!!

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Holy shit man I can not wait to see this, good luck with everything and deff keep all of us posted.

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast