The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: negative camber FTW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 32

negative camber FTW

so today i had a crazy air leak in my tire and i didnt give much attention since i thought it was just a nail in my tire or just leaking for some stupid reason so i went and i got air in it, later throughout the day i noticed it was almost down to the ground so i went to get air in it and as im filling it with air i heard it leak and here it what i saw

'00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Damn!
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

you knows funny, i notice my rear tire was low today also and i know i filled it up 2 weeks ago. I got to check mine as well, im broke too so if thats the case here come the hubcaps! I had some worn but 30% 18" tires which i just threw out last month in the trash you coulda had em for free.
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    Sir you need to pay more attention to your tires!

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

this is why i corrected my negative camber... i was going through 18" tires on my old setup like every 6 months. i probably spent more than $4000 in tires before i got the rear camber fixed (when i stepped up to 19's and coilovers). since i upgraded, i've only had 2 sets of 19" tires and my current set has lasted almost 2 years... which is good because 19" tires cost about $1000 per set compared to $700 for 18's.

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    so today i had a crazy air leak in my tire and i didnt give much attention since i thought it was just a nail in my tire or just leaking for some stupid reason so i went and i got air in it, later throughout the day i noticed it was almost down to the ground so i went to get air in it and as im filling it with air i heard it leak and here it what i saw

Bro, I think Ive seen your coilovers having camber adjustment. you should check this out first.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    how can you not smell the rubber burning?

Quote Originally Posted by IceDouTGaLanT View Post
    you knows funny, i notice my rear tire was low today also and i know i filled it up 2 weeks ago. I got to check mine as well, im broke too so if thats the case here come the hubcaps! I had some worn but 30% 18" tires which i just threw out last month in the trash you coulda had em for free.
    my eclipse rims are 17s so your tires wouldnt help me

Quote Originally Posted by njjfudge View Post
    Sir you need to pay more attention to your tires!
    the other side is fine still and since as most of you know the G isnt my daily i didnt care much for the negative camber since i drove it once a week for 50 - 100 miles and when it rained i didnt drive it but since my daily broke down the G has been my daily and i drove 11k-12k on the negative camber and those tires only had half life on them as well

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    this is why i corrected my negative camber... i was going through 18" tires on my old setup like every 6 months. i probably spent more than $4000 in tires before i got the rear camber fixed (when i stepped up to 19's and coilovers). since i upgraded, i've only had 2 sets of 19" tires and my current set has lasted almost 2 years... which is good because 19" tires cost about $1000 per set compared to $700 for 18's.
    i have coilovers so i will correct my camber by raising the rear up a bit
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    Bro, I think Ive seen your coilovers having camber adjustment. you should check this out first.
    camber correction only on the front and this tire is the rear driver side

Quote Originally Posted by 9G View Post
    how can you not smell the rubber burning?
    how can i smell it ?? i mean i dont go to my tires and sniff them every time i get out of my car
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

umm.. when i test fitted my 9g tires on my 8g, it was rubbing a bit and you can smell it inside especially when you go outside.

Experienced TGC Member glantv699's Avatar
    That's pretty crazy that you didn't notice such a heavily worn tire. But I guess your car was low enough to hide that from plain sight.

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST
    > 2010 Evolution X SE #183 of 340 (1 of 54 in Octane Blue)
    > 1999 ES V6 (Sold 2/2011)

I have a set of the same 3G wheels with 3 good tires that I can sell you pretty cheap if you want.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

thats not camber wear. thats wear from toe. u need to get your car aligned more often. camber would be more spread out than that. toe will do that to a car with 0 degrees of camber. get it aligned or your next set will look the same
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Quote Originally Posted by 9G View Post
    umm.. when i test fitted my 9g tires on my 8g, it was rubbing a bit and you can smell it inside especially when you go outside.
    im not rubbing anything, this is the rear wheel

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22 View Post
    thats not camber wear. thats wear from toe. u need to get your car aligned more often. camber would be more spread out than that. toe will do that to a car with 0 degrees of camber. get it aligned or your next set will look the same
    so i guess i should my rear alignment checked ??
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

oh. my bad.

my eclipse rims are 17s so your tires wouldnt help me

the other side is fine still and since as most of you know the G isnt my daily i didnt care much for the negative camber since i drove it once a week for 50 - 100 miles and when it rained i didnt drive it but since my daily broke down the G has been my daily and i drove 11k-12k on the negative camber and those tires only had half life on them as well

i have coilovers so i will correct my camber by raising the rear up a bit
    i have INGALLS camber kits as well. that way i can adjust camber independently of the vehicle height.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    i have INGALLS camber kits as well. that way i can adjust camber independently of the vehicle height.
    i thought about buying those but i really dont need them cuz i can live with the fact that i just need to raise my rear a bit and not have negative camber
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22 View Post
    LOL. I seriously doubt his rear toe got that out of line.

This just serves as a warning to all Galant owners, to ALL car owners. Take 2 minutes once a week to inspect and inflate your tires. They are all that connect you and a 3000lb piece of metal to the ground.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    I remember my rear tires looked like that.. rubber strips were flying off and wrapping around my suspension parts. Then i got the camber corrected.

camber correction only on the front and this tire is the rear driver side

how can i smell it ?? i mean i dont go to my tires and sniff them every time i get out of my car
    You can still get some camber correction in the rear, its not as easy, but it is possible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast