The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Pro shots of my car... Finally (56k gtfo)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 61 to 80 of 84
    here's what i mean
    now you see it

now not so much

and not a thing was redone between the pics

Damn that looks good.

Have you adjusted the bump stops? Anything else in the way? Battery, tower brace? There has to be a reason why it won't close further.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

thanks on the compliments man.

as far as the bump stops, did those. completely removed them at one point, added washers to the most aft bolts on the hinges, tried to mess with the headlights, and a slew of other things. my battery is not a factor as i have a braille lightweight battery and it sits behind the headlight. the stb is from carbing and even with it off it did this (i know because for the first coupld of days of having the jdm conversion done i didnt have the time to install it) ive even played with the latch to see if that was too high and to no avail, it sits like this no matter what i do. like i said though, its not that bad.
    Last edited by boostzealot; 11-21-2008 at 12:47 AM

Quote Originally Posted by boostzealot View Post
    thanks on the compliments man.

as far as the bump stops, did those. completely removed them at one point, added washers to the most aft bolts on the hinges, tried to mess with the headlights, and a slew of other things. my batter is not a factor as i have a braille lightweight battery and it sits behind the headlight. the stb is from carbing and even with it off it did this (i know because for the first coupld of days of having the jdm conversion done i didnt have the time to install it) ive even played with the latch to see if that was too high and to no avail, it sits like this no matter what i do. like i said though, its not that bad.
    maybe it's got something to do with the aftermath of your wreck back in the day?
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

i was thinking that too but the way the crash push the fenders and rad support was back and down not up and back like it would seem to make this happen. sighs. now im thinking about it again. dammit

Quote Originally Posted by boostzealot View Post
    i was thinking that too but the way the crash push the fenders and rad support was back and down not up and back like it would seem to make this happen. sighs. now im thinking about it again. dammit
    sorry to bring it up bro. But hey, she's all good now. I mean who cares about the hood? It's the quickest N/A V6 Galant in the country!!! lol =)
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    BJ, try to get the rubber stops lower, also see if you can get the hood latch to go down some. My guess is that the radiator support was not installed properly or is aftermarket and sometimes that happens if you go cheap with those.

*sighs*

post #63

this thread is waaaaaay off topic, sorry pete.

its probably the headlights sitting a tad bit to high i would think.
    its not really that noticable though i would worry about it too much.

edit: i dont know now that i think about it its gotta be the latch man..

i moved the latch down once before and the hood acted like it didnt want to close. it would catch but wouldnt stay caught and would just pop back up. this was the only way i could get my hood to close everytime i shut it. ill have to mess with it a little more once i get back

Yeah jerks! This is my thread!

LOL I don't care :)

I posted my pics, and you guys saw them. Its all good.

Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post
    Good info, you might be right. Cutting that crash bar with a sawzall and a dremel heavy duty blade was a pain in the ass LOL! I think I might trim it more to see what it does.

Also, I still think there is just something not right with the headlight fitment. I think the need to point down just a little. Its a never ending battle with our cars though, and thats why we love them. :)
    Look right around where the foglights come through the JDM bumper, that is where it will most likely be hitting the USDM crash bar.

Well I took off the bumper and fogs, looked through the fogs... etc etc and the bumper is definitely not hitting the crash bar. I think the bumper is just bent from shipping. Once its gets warmer here, I'll mess with it some more.

TGC Regular
    is that your new hobby - taking fogs off and looking through them?
    like, goggles and stuff?

pete car looks good as always ... ahh still not sure how it lost to a van...

When I get home I am taking my fogs off and looking through them just to see what up....... LoL

Quote Originally Posted by 00galantguy View Post
    pete car looks good as always ... ahh still not sure how it lost to a van...
    Idiots rule the planet... its a sad fact. ;)

Glad to hear you got your computer fixed!

Is that all the shots he gave you? Also could you pm me on how much you paid to have them done? Im trying to get some prices for when i offer my shots.

Sick pics bro!! I like the last one a lot!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast