The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Plug and Play AEM EMS

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Plug and Play AEM EMS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p29oGx6oDKE

I will be releasing a PnP EMS for the 8G V6 Galant. The RnD box is now up and running on my personal car. I'll keep you guys updated as I have more information. Preliminary pricing is expected to be ~ $2,200 which includes the AEM EMS, MAP & IAT sensors, custom patch harness and special configuration for the EMS so it actually works.
    Last edited by PharmEcis; 11-20-2008 at 02:28 PM
    Greg
    ---------
    '01 Stratus R/T - 5spd, 92 3000GT VR4, 03 EVO VIII, 70 Opel GT

Owner - Ultimate Car Style & Performance www.ucsperformance.com 240.271.0280

2007 N.A.S.A National Champions TTR Class!

any plans for the I-4 guys? that link doesnt work
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

The I4 guys can use the 3G Eclipse PnP EMS from AEM directly. The only caveat to that is you must have swapped over to a 5spd along w/ the ECU harness. I should also mention this will only work w/ 5 spd swapped V6's w/ an ECU harness swap.

I am working on a PnP for the Auto as well that would allow the stock ECU to control the trans and the EMS would control the engine.
    Greg
    ---------

Ah, congrats on getting that done! This is one thing on the list for me (my poor wallet hates me )

but we all know that the ecu hates the fact that the tranny is not ever really being used on the 01+ models. my 00 doesnt give a shit and i have a boomslang harness for an auto 3g that lets me tap whatever i want, i would think that with the ems, the swapped tranny wouldnt be an issue as the ems doesnt or shouldnt throw ses lights for little shit like that. correct me if im wrong.

For the 5 spd guys you would NEVER know you had an auto. No codes whatsoever.
    Greg
    ---------

well what im saying is with a standalone, is it possible to even get a ses light considering the ems would just display it on the datalogging or can you make it display ses lights for minor warnings if you dont have the laptop up?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Yes you can configure the check engine light to go on if knock voltage goes over a pre-defined %. Or if any other sensor reads below a pre-defined %.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

see thats what i thought, then in theory it shouldnt matter what car you make it for as long as the supplimental harness matches them up

Quote Originally Posted by boostzealot View Post
    see thats what i thought, then in theory it shouldnt matter what car you make it for as long as the supplimental harness matches them up
    Correct, thats why its not truly a PnP. PnP means no modified wiring or adaptors.

The solution is pretty simple for the most part. Boomslang is already making an adaptor harness for the automatic I4 guys that is PnP into an EVO ECU/AEM EMS for an EVO.

Im not too familiar with how teh 6GXX motors acquire timing signals, but it would be cool if you could go to AEM EMS and get rid of the damn distributor and run some type of CDI box or COP.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

man i would love to convert to DIS. im researching right now on how the 6g75 gets its signal because those have coil on plug ignition systems and that would be badass and be much easier to diagnose ignition problems. althought there are about 7 more things that can go bad on a coil on plug setup, it would still be easier to find. oh and the 6gseries sohc motors get a timing signal from both the crank angle sensor and the cam posistion sensor. they have to match for the motor to begin fuel and igntion timing.

Quote Originally Posted by boostzealot View Post
    man i would love to convert to DIS. im researching right now on how the 6g75 gets its signal because those have coil on plug ignition systems and that would be badass and be much easier to diagnose ignition problems. althought there are about 7 more things that can go bad on a coil on plug setup, it would still be easier to find. oh and the 6gseries sohc motors get a timing signal from both the crank angle sensor and the cam posistion sensor. they have to match for the motor to begin fuel and igntion timing.
    but are the sensors independent of other systems? Like do any of the signals have to go thru the distributor or anything else before it gets to the ECU? AEM EMS has a timing sync function. Pretty much it gets the cam and crank signal, determines if they time properly then sends fuel and spark. In theory you could easily make it work on your setup by simply wiring those sensors into the EMS, it would just take careful setup of the parameters in the tune to make it run right.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

well, i found out a lot when i did my wire tuck and the sensors dont go through anything else before the ecu reads them. on the otherhand, the cam sensor is in the distributor so one would have to find out which wire it is that actually is the cam sensor signal and use that. the other wires are not only for the coil but are power wires and grounds to and for the MFI relay in the fuse box. the major problem with trying to go DIS on this car is finding something that could similate the cam signal along with the crank to begin the fuel and timing events. i just wonder how much of the ignition system can be converted from the 6g75. i still need to take apart that diagram.

Well in theory you could use the crank signal from the sensor, and the cam signal from the distributor, but just not have the distributor hooked up to anything. Just intercept the cam signal from the distributor and send it to the EMS.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS