The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Galant306m's turbo build

Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 1287
    I'm jealous, I wish I can finish buying stuff for my turbo and get a 5 spd swap and do my car
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    I'm jealous, I wish I can finish buying stuff for my turbo and get a 5 spd swap and do my car
    Lol its fun the parts just keep coming in

Skunk 2 adjustable cam gears.;)

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    the 3 inch thickness might be an issue for fitment behind our stock bumpers.. ive done measurements and talked 2 4grim about it for my turbo project and he said the 3 will b 2 thick and ull have 2 hack the front bumper.. how do u plan on making it fit?
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

looking good so far. my 2.5" intercooler will fit snug behind the DE bumper. 3 is doable but you are going to have to trim a bit

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

im going to buy the 97-98 bumper before April, fits a intercooler better.

edit: oh yea i won my katskinz :) leather seats ftw.
    Last edited by Galant306m; 12-05-2008 at 01:22 PM

1996 galant s

i dont like the grills on the 97-98 so im leaving mine and since u r swapping the bumpers u should b good.. good luck with the build man.. im just getting all my parts in within the next month or 2 then its time 2 do it
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

thanks! just to let you know getting all your parts in a month or so is hard trust me, ive spent well over a g already on stuff for my car and i still have about 4gs to go lol, not going to have them all by the end of January but ill still get everything that i need and more.

1996 galant s

well i have a lot of dsm guys around me and the only things im missing for the turbo build id the intercooler, intercooler piping and an eprom ecu.. i have everything else and ive started collecting parts not even a week ago.. i know where 2 get the ecu and i know the intercooler im getting and the piping im using so i will have the part soon

you are going to do the headswap, but im not going to do the headswap until later on when i upgrage to an 18g or 20g down the line so u need more parts and more work than i do.. good luck and im looking forward 2 seeing the finished project
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

UPS's is going to start hating me really soon, everyday last week i got a package and i got another one today. Actually have a camera sice i found it last weekend.
    Katskinz kit.

(Edit: It was a lie like the cake.)

Going to install them on Saturday when i wake up!
    Last edited by Galant306m; 12-12-2008 at 01:41 AM

1996 galant s

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    looking good so far, keep it up

A few pieces of advice I have for you.

Those cam gears are sick, but for what your doing, you dont really "need" them. Although its rare, adjustable cam gears can slip causing timing trouble and possibly major engine damage. For me, I had no choice but to run them, but when doing this headswap for a 7g you can use the stock gears from a 94 gs and the timing will be on the money, those gears too are only like $45 brand new from mitsu for the pair.

Also, I saw your lifters were numbered, are you planning on reusing them? I reused a set once, cleaned and bled them and they were still kinda crappy. you can buy a complete set of new ones on ebay for $105 shipped, its definetly worth the investment.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    looking good so far, keep it up

A few pieces of advice I have for you.

Those cam gears are sick, but for what your doing, you dont really "need" them. Although its rare, adjustable cam gears can slip causing timing trouble and possibly major engine damage. For me, I had no choice but to run them, but when doing this headswap for a 7g you can use the stock gears from a 94 gs and the timing will be on the money, those gears too are only like $45 brand new from mitsu for the pair.

Also, I saw your lifters were numbered, are you planning on reusing them? I reused a set once, cleaned and bled them and they were still kinda crappy. you can buy a complete set of new ones on ebay for $105 shipped, its definetly worth the investment.
    Thanks stewi.!
    yea i thought about that, was just going to get them set and use some high strength lock tight to keep them in place.

1996 galant s

more stuff ordered, pics when they arrive, HKS SSQ black BOV, Brian and Crower Valve springs, and a Stainless Steel Down Pipe.

Christmas has slowed me down some but not enough to keep me from buying stuff.

1996 galant s

hey hows the progress going
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

waiting for more crap to come in that mail, still have'nt sent the head out to get machined, and washed lol. Im slakin a bit but its all good was planning on working on it this saturday since all the snow has melted and i can get it out of my grandpas shed and into the basement.

Parts will start rolling in again tomorrow.

1996 galant s

good shit dude.. i recently came across a good deal on a 26 head with all new valves and hes giving me the injectors, fuel rail, map sensor, head and intake mani for 250.. so thats now on my list

ups must hate us as i have parts coming in every other day lol
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

my hks ssqv came in today,

1996 galant s

We better see videos of this thing up and running. Sick parts for a 7G. Keep up the good work.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55 View Post
    We better see videos of this thing up and running. Sick parts for a 7G. Keep up the good work.
    Oh there will be videos hehehe,

This came right as i was leaving for work

3" turbo down pipe.

1996 galant s

hey dude wut downpipe is that and i like how our builds r both coming along.. i should be getting my new head in a week or 2
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

its a megan racing 3" downpipe for a 1997 eclipse gst

1996 galant s

Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast