The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Galant306m's turbo build

Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
Showing results 61 to 80 of 1287
    wait the 63 belt wont work for the 63 head on the 64 block?? Good thing i didnt buy anything hahahaha.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Proto
    You need the DOHC 4g64 belt

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    You need the DOHC 4g64 belt
    you also need the 64 cam gears for the hybrid motor

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

now im all confused so i cant use the cam gears that i got, and i have to use a 64 dohc tbelt. hmm what if i just change out the lower sprocket??

1996 galant s

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    you can use the 63 cam gears but the timing is off like half a notch cuz the 64 block has a taller deck height.. it is worth it 2 run the 64 cam gears to keep the timing the same.. o and in case u didnt know u cant use the 63 head gasket either.. u need a 64 dohc head gasket
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

TGC Regular
    The 94 GS cams are only like $25 a piece jnz tuning sells them.

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    you can use the 63 cam gears but the timing is off like half a notch cuz the 64 block has a taller deck height.. it is worth it 2 run the 64 cam gears to keep the timing the same.. o and in case u didnt know u cant use the 63 head gasket either.. u need a 64 dohc head gasket
    timing is way off, you don't want to even consider it

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

i was going by wut ive seen on some of the sources 4 the headswap and such.. i guess its more off than i thought.. im going with the 64 cam gears anyway
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    i was going by wut ive seen on some of the sources 4 the headswap and such.. i guess its more off than i thought.. im going with the 64 cam gears anyway
    ya, you don't want to play with the timing. when you do a 2.4L DOHC build use all the timing related stuff from the 4G64

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    ya, you don't want to play with the timing. when you do a 2.4L DOHC build use all the timing related stuff from the 4G64
    thats the plan.. and thanks 4 making me realize its even more off than i thought
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Meh im sticking with my skunk2 cam gears, there is a damn good reason that i have them....

1996 galant s

Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    Meh im sticking with my skunk2 cam gears, there is a damn good reason that i have them....
    k hope everything works out 4 u
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

You need to get this shit running man.

Ok, i put this on hold for a month well in that month i paid off my school and my credit card so now im free to buy stuff again. I really need to get the head out but im so busy its hard to make time.

So when i get paid again im going to order a few more things
    Fuel rail and injectors
    my gauges that i want (boost, oil preasure, wide band 02,)
    ecu (biggest thing i need right now)

So lets get this thing moving again. toss me some ideas if you have some i want to get this thing done soon.

1996 galant s

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    What ECU? Evo ECU? Why are you buying a fuel rail?

For gauges, get Prosports, they are cheap and work good: http://prosportgauges.com/
    For wideband, snag up the Innovatec wideband that qnz is selling, $120 shipped: https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=35113
    Injectors, you could snag some Evo 560cc injectors for $125 or so.
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT View Post
    What ECU? Evo ECU? Why are you buying a fuel rail?

For gauges, get Prosports, they are cheap and work good: http://prosportgauges.com/
    For wideband, snag up the Innovatec wideband that qnz is selling, $120 shipped: https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=35113
    Injectors, you could snag some Evo 560cc injectors for $125 or so.
    Im thinking about getting a eprom so i can run dsm link. I dont mind piggy backs but they dont have as much tuning capabilities as a ems does. Seth i will take your advice on the injectors and the fuel rail was just because it looks better more then less.

And thanks QNZ for the wideband o2.

1996 galant s

how to wire up a innovate wideband and install the gauge pod.

So this is what ive been working on all weekend had to take a break for the meet yesterday and im just finishing it up now.

Qnz sold me a innovate wide band at a really good price so rob and i started to hook it up on friday ran into a couple problems where their wiring colors sucks, we got it working good and now just need to finish up by soldering the rest of the wires and hooking up my other two gauges.

The three gauges i got are

Wide Band O2
    Boost/vaccum (for the turbo when it goes in sometime lol)
    and Oil pressure
    ( i have a narrow band AFR gauge if anyone would want to buy it just pm me ill get some pics of it)
    Pics
    First things First

welded the bung on my exhaust

Had to extend the wires to my o2 sensor. (Rob/voodoo my wiring technician.)

More pics in a lil while as i am working on it at the moment.

1996 galant s

livin the high life.

i got everything pretty much done just have to get more wire for the oil preasure gauge and more vacuum line for the boost gauge which will just be a vacuum gauge till i get BOOST. Also i have to modify the pod to fit my stock pillar but i can to that in the morning when i have extra light.

Wiring

Gauges light up lol

pillar installed

Like i said i have a little more left to do to them to get them to all work but i should have it done this week since i dont have school (spring break FTW)

1996 galant s

well i ordered lowering loaded tokico struts with a 1.25 drop, and new tires for me and rob today. Will get the tires mounted next week and soon after my 7g will be lowered again just not as low as it used to be with my shitty ebay springs. PICS will be posted im so excited for no more 4x4 you can't even imagine.

for the people that dont know my car it was this low once i loved how it looked just hated how it rode so i took them off and two years later im going to be lowered again.

Yes i was tuckin 14's hahah.

1996 galant s

Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast