The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Galant306m's turbo build

Page 6 of 65 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
Showing results 101 to 120 of 1287
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    i have those same springs but i have the illumina shocks and my car sits right on my steelies and my 17s wit low pros.. was the pic right after u put them on or after it settled??
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

those pics where right after i put them on, its going in for an alignment tomorrow to fix the toe problem caused by lowering and to bring the camber to -2 deg which will keep tire wear at a minimum and still help me clear my fender.
    also finally since my grandparents are home my head is sent out for machining and re assembly

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

cleaned up waiting on some parts, guides are going in today and then once the head kit get here the rest of it will be put back together and i will have it back on friday/saturday

1996 galant s

where did you order the guides?
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

came with my valves lol
    so ebay lol they are crower valves and guides

1996 galant s

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    nice looking good bro keep it up
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

thanks

got this today, since i figure the back of my car is lacking some i was talking to shadow19 and after seeing how his car looks with it on i decided to go ahead and give it a shot with a few pointers from him so this will be my weekend project and i hope it looks as good on my car as it does on his.

came with everything i need and the led brake light plus the pattern to mount it 8g spoiler ftw.

1996 galant s

Its gunna look tight man, hopefully ill see ur G in person soon when i come to WI to "see my fam" lol

~Gabe

When I feel like eating a banana, I like to go to the zoo, sucker punch a gorilla and try to run with a banana hanging out my bum. Then if I succeed, I enjoy my victory with said banana and a stroopwaffle.

Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    thanks

got this today, since i figure the back of my car is lacking some i was talking to shadow19 and after seeing how his car looks with it on i decided to go ahead and give it a shot with a few pointers from him so this will be my weekend project and i hope it looks as good on my car as it does on his.

came with everything i need and the led brake light plus the pattern to mount it 8g spoiler ftw.
    lol is that dover white pearl?

yep
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

lol its primer soon to be primer black.

1996 galant s

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    u should go to the corona meet so we can turbo7g it up..

Yea thats a trip though lol

1996 galant s

wanted to see how it looks in the daylight, not to bad if i say so myself just have to give her a lil black primer and mount it.

1996 galant s

eh, Honestly Mitch your car was sexy as hell wingless....
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Proto
    Fix that muffler!

yea i still havent gotten around to extending that thing lol, ill wait till i start my swap so that way im not rushing to get it back on.

Oh and my head has the guides in valves are in and all my springs are back it just waiting on my cam seals so they can go back in, im sad i had school all day so i didnt get to go look at it but pics on friday when i pick it up, then the G gets put into a garage for a month or two while i 5spd swap and build the engine.

Going to pull the engine out and tear it down take the crank in for a micro polish and put new rings and bearing in the bottom end. Hone the cylinder walls and then put it back together.

1996 galant s

if this doesnt trun you on you are not a car guy. :).

it will sit in my grandfathers basement for a month and then it will bet getting put on the 7g!

1996 galant s

looking good there. ah and how r u gonna match the "flat black paint" of yours with the spoiler?

im not sure where a i read it , but 8g crank is supposed to be forged and if you notice some manufacturers like Eagle describe the 100mm crank as 2g and evo stroker crank. If it works for our cars then it will be a much cheaper option than actual eagle crank
    Last edited by mko; 04-18-2009 at 06:03 PM
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

im going to use the stock bottom end. going to pull it apart and have the crank micro polished and then take my rods and pistons in with my flywheel and have it balanced

1996 galant s

Page 6 of 65 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast