The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Galant306m's turbo build

Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12525859606162636465 LastLast
Showing results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1287
    hey that thing works just fine :) i hate how it looks but its the easiest way for me to use the 63 tstat housing

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Little update, its been shitty out all weekend didnt spend anytime on the car, new bearings are in and i took my oil pan to work and put it in our parts washer over night also had my oil filter housing in there as well over night. Got to bolt those two back up put my accessories back on and find an adapter that will fit my housing for the sandwich since i can not get the ones provided to thread. I have no idea when this thing will be running again probably will fire it up this spring, I have a full tank of year old gas in the car that I need to figure out how to get out of there. will keep you guys posted.

1996 galant s

to get the gas out:

disconnect the fuel filter feed line. get a pan or something to catch the gas in. put the hose in the pan or bin/jug. run a jumper to the fuel pump from the battery. pump that nasty stuff out.

then put some stabilizer and good gas in

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    That turbo looks good, needs moar antisurge cover tho haha. I wonder how the internal gates on those are, never driven a big internally gated turbo to see if there is any difference
    There internal works really well. It was as consistent as my tial. Only reason i switched was to go t4. As for anti surge depends on what size back housing you have now.

Re: Galant306m's turbo build

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    to get the gas out:

disconnect the fuel filter feed line. get a pan or something to catch the gas in. put the hose in the pan or bin/jug. run a jumper to the fuel pump from the battery. pump that nasty stuff out.

then put some stabilizer and good gas in
    That just gave me an idea lol disconnect my line going in the my aeromotive fpr and just turn my pump on in link ill pump it into cans and just put it in our old f100 that thing will run on it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

1996 galant s

that will work lol

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

So I didn't have a torque wrench and kept forgetting to borrow my friends, he brought it to work today, started to finish up my bottom end. Set the torque wrench to spec started to tighten the first rod cap and bam I broke a rod bold :( dafuq this car just hates me to death.

1996 galant s

What?! Arp is in order..

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Yeah i broke 3 of them on my old head. It ran w/o them for some time. They are supposed to be some like 10lbs or some - very light torque. I usually just snug them and leave them alone.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Yep i ordered a set of ARP's im half tempted to say fuck it and order the manley/wisco set but yea that is a lot of work and i want to prove how these engines can take power on stock internals.

1996 galant s

Just update to ARP rod bolts. OE are spec @ 14lb/ft.
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by mysticj View Post
    Just update to ARP rod bolts. OE are spec @ 14lb/ft.
    +90 degree turn
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    +90 degree turn
    Pretty much like the cam cap bolts.
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

OBOY!?

1996 galant s

Everything back together :) need to get my oil filter sandwich figured out. Moved it back to my mom's house for now since my grandfather had to be put in assisted living. Will be there while my parents sell their house, I have no room for it at the condo :( and they wont allow it here since it is unregistered.

1996 galant s

62 pages later and its not registered?
    get on the ball homie. Paint that g and and start handing out rape sandwiches on the road daily.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

rape.....sandwiches....?
    HAHAHA x10 that is hilarious. Maaaaaan Mitch this thing does need to get on the road. I've had two running galants in the time this thing has been down :(
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

I know, doesn't help my car hates me :(

1996 galant s

Yeah man I read through what I missed and she's been hating you. Here's to a turn around though! :)
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    Everything back together :) need to get my oil filter sandwich figured out. Moved it back to my mom's house for now since my grandfather had to be put in assisted living. Will be there while my parents sell their house, I have no room for it at the condo :( and they wont allow it here since it is unregistered.
    what's the problem with the sandwich?

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12525859606162636465 LastLast