The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Problem With Rear Driver Side Tire

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Problem With Rear Driver Side Tire

ok i am not good at posting problem....
    here is my problem on the rear driver side tire,, when i go over a bumpie road it makes funny rusty noice,,, can someone tell me whats the problem,, it was running fine perfact,,, and all the sudden this happen,,, can anyone tell me whats the problem before i take it too the dealer ship.

thanks alot

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

BlankMan
    Umm - what does a 'rusty' noise sound like?

J

I think he is referring to squeaky rear suspension as he stated that he hears it when going over bumps.....
    2001 Galant ES I4
    Injen RD CAI
    Kamikaze Headers
    Brospeed Prosport Muffler
    Brembo X-drilled/Slotted Rotors
    Progress Springs
    KYB AGX Adjustables
    Racing X Headlights
    Smoked Tails
    Custom Grill
    Titanium Limo Tint
    MOMO Shift Knob
    Tenzo R Mean-6 18"
    JBL 600.1
    2 JL 12W3 D4 in topfire custom box

My ride: http://photos.yahoo.com/nrg_neo

Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    I think he is referring to squeaky rear suspension as he stated that he hears it when going over bumps.....

yea squeaky noise,, anyone got solution for this problem,,,

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

BlankMan
    If it's just from slight rub on the springs or joints you can always spray some silicone lubricant around the areas.

J

Senior TGC Member
    I've heard of two reasons for this: 1) The stock Eagle LS tires make noises. 2) and this was the one that fixed it for me - something about the rear trailing arms. My technicians did this work under warranty and caught it on their own without me bringing it to their attention (oddly enough at that time my warranty was already voided...figures...if it's free they'll do warranty work otherwise bleh).
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

my car got that rusty noise in the rear after installing the pro kit :?

'00 Patriot Red GTZ --> JDM'ed... 5 Speed... ...

I also got the same problem on my rear tire. Is this common problem with galant? BTW I bought my car brand new 5 months ago and right know it only has 5500 miles on it and start hearing this since 2 weeks ago. it is still 100% stock.

hey thanks for all your advise,, i am take it to the dealershipp tomm see what happen,, oh yea i got warranty so hope this will be cover.

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

rayallen34

similar

i had a squeel type noise on my front tire, it turned out to be a small pebble stuck in between the rotor