The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Steering Wheel Question

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    Good luck tracking a nardi wheel down, they are super rare and pretty spendy, I honestly didn't put any effort into my interior, I just sprayed to coats of engine enamel and two coats of clear, no prep work, no sanding.
    wow, idk why it worked so well...

hey so what Evo wheel would fit?

Evo 8-9 would fit, but that requires welding and I don't think anyone has figured out how to get the airbag to work quite yet, I may be wrong
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    no evo wheel will fit...you need to basically merge the galant wheel and evo wheel together. you need to cut out the hub of the galants and weld it into the evo....and i havent had a chance to look over any wiring diagrams as of yet. it is definately possible to get the airbag working though

how about if you wired in an evo ecu for the airbag??? the evo ecu should know exactly wen and how to dispense the airbag in case of an accident.

Drive, Dream, Drift.
    Drift ALL DAY

alex0091
    i have that steering wheel in my car and its pretty sweet except the carbon fiber is fake, but mine came with a hub adapter for the 8g. i like it

^^ ???? what do you mean? which steering wheel.

Drive, Dream, Drift.
    Drift ALL DAY

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    no oem evo wheel has any kind of cf maybee you got an aftermarket one?

the airbag is its own computer...for each model there are different ones... and sensors for specific location so the evo srs computer is a longshot and really uneccisary work if it does in fact function as it should

the srs ecu is like a shock sensor, when it is "rattled" to a certain extent then it deploys...it is not connected to any other sensor of any type...so once wired to match the galant srs ecu the airbag should work like normal. (of course its a bit more complicated then that however most simplistic analogy i could come up with )

Quote Originally Posted by youngfab59 View Post
    ^^ ???? what do you mean? which steering wheel.
    He means the wheel i originally posted, the ebay one. I like that a lot, I could find uses for the two buttons, but as we all know, the way the world works is:

I swap out my airbag wheel for a non airbag wheel is the day i get in a head-on collision...

Merphy's law loves me.

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianHunter View Post
    He means the wheel i originally posted, the ebay one. I like that a lot, I could find uses for the two buttons, but as we all know, the way the world works is:

I swap out my airbag wheel for a non airbag wheel is the day i get in a head-on collision...

Merphy's law loves me.
    Yeah, if you're not building an all out track beast, then get a wheel with an airbag. Just to add another option to the list, I've been looking at a JDM Momo Steering wheel that came in the 3KGT, it's also the same steering wheel that came stock on some EDM galants, because I saw on theshiznit's car. It's a nice three spoke. So here's my logic: If my Nardi JDM steering wheel fit my car, and it came on some of the EDM cars stock, and if those same EDM cars also had the MOMO wheels, wouldn't that mean that the MOMO wheel would fit my car? Here's my wheel BTW, and the MOMO wheel is below it.

Oh, I just saw an evo wheel on ebay for 250, which is a good deal lower than what I've seen on evolutionm.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12