The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: -G-rim and Jdot Photography

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 45
    You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar

-G-rim and Jdot Photography **Updated pics 12/8/08**

Well I decided to get a professional photographer to take some snaps of good ol' -G-rim. I was referred by a friend of mine that owns the "Procco" Evo (1 of the top 5 fastest street Evos) to get in contact with this local photographer that took shots of his Evo. He has a photography thread in a local message board and a website and checked out his work and I was impressed. I got in contact with him and show him pics of my Galants and he was on board to take some shots of my Galants. Well -G-rim is the only one running right now...so we scheduled a shoot on a perfect Florida winter day in a pretty high class area.

Now you will all hate me as I am posting a teaser shots because the photographer is editing several shots and a couple HDR shots to his standards.

Here are a couple pics of what I took on my inferior digital camera when he was taking a couple shots.

Here is his website: Jdot Photography http://www.jdotphotography.com/
    Last edited by 4-G-rim; 12-08-2008 at 12:45 PM Reason: Updated

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    He's ok but I've seen a lot better.

Looks good never knew why ppl bust out the tripod when the sun is out. Thos must be the hdr shots. Also if you dont mind me asking how much is he charging. You can pm me if you like, im trying to see what ppl charge so i can get a base for my prices.

Experienced TGC Member SleekGTZ's Avatar
    Nice. I can't wait to see the final product!

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    Yeah true..but considering for the very short time he has being doing photography, his work is really good. I contacted a couple other local photographers and they wanted to charge alot more and seemed to be a bit like asses while talking details on a photoshoot especially when I mentioned the pics were of a Galant.:smt013 It was a PLUS that he was a laid back and asked for my input and still managed to carry entertaining conversation during the shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by unlimited6986 View Post
    Looks good never knew why ppl bust out the tripod when the sun is out....
    reasons to use tripod for well lit photography:

tripod for repeatable composition. also, it allows you to lower the ISO; a lower ISO allows greater color saturation and detail while minimizing image noise... but it requires slower shutter speeds, hence the tripod is needed to eliminate shake. also depth of field (aperture priorty) can be compensated for the correct exposure via slow shutter speed. basically slow shutter speed = tripod. another reason to use a tripod (or monopod) is longer focal length since large tele's do not like being hand held at low to mid ISO. lastly, the tripod can be used for strobe shots with fill or second curtain sync where the camera needs to be steady for the first part of the exposure until the strobe fires just before the shutter closes.

O i know all about that, what im saying is why use a tripod when he was shooting at prob 1/500-1/1000. You dont need a tripod at shutter speeds like that. I can understand if those were the shots hes using for a hdr shots so they blend perfect. But to bust out the tripod on normal shooting in daylight is not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by unlimited6986 View Post
    O i know all about that, what im saying is why use a tripod when he was shooting at prob 1/500-1/1000. You dont need a tripod at shutter speeds like that. I can understand if those were the shots hes using for a hdr shots so they blend perfect. But to bust out the tripod on normal shooting in daylight is not needed.
    maybe you didn't understand what i was talking about. drop the ISO lower than 100 (professional chromes are typically shot at 64 or even 25) and now you're not shooting at anywhere near 1/500. add a polarizer filter etc, close the aperture (depth of field) and now your shooting at less than 1/60... try that w/ a fast tele over 210mm and you've got to have super steady hands (and be able to stop breathing or stop your heart from beating)... or a tripod.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Closer depth of field would allow more light in effectively raising the Shutter to keep from overexposing :P

On a seemingly clear cloudless sky as seen in the two pictures posted, theres really no "need" for a tripod unless he is using a 6-stop ND filter or something which if he wanted to keep a lower ISO 100-200, then the shutter might warrant a tripod.

Anywho, doesnt really matter, most of the time its preference, and he was more then likely shooting some HDR shots as Kevin said, so tripod it is!

And hurry up and post those pics!
    7g for life!

Only thing he would need a tripod in daylight is having the iso at 1-200 and a fstop at like f8-10 and a cpl or nd filter. Still wouldnt put it down to 1/50 1/60. Usually on a bright day you SS would be set at 1/1000 give or take a few, throw a cpl on that and your at like 1/500. I am a semi-pro photographer and only time i bust out my tripod is when the sun is setting or night photo's. I dont even use a tripod when i use my strobes because my SS is usually set at 1/160. I understand if it was a lil darker and hes using a 70-200 lens which it looks like he is judging his distance from the car.

He took several shots for HDR purposes because that was something i wanted out of this photoshoot. Some of the other shots he just shot it by hand and he did use the remote flash for a couple of the pics. He also used the tripod for some fish lens pics

I know some of you are anxious as I am ...but he is editiing a few photos for about a dozen finished shots which include some HDR. He is also toggling between some wedding photos he is editing too and going to work and taking care of his 6 month old baby girl.

He sent me a zip file of the proof shots he took and he took some sweet shots...I especially love the fish eye lens shots he took!

Sorry I posted this "teaser" thread...but got too excited and posted it. Its ok though...all you bitches that posted "teaser" threads put me and others through the suspense get your own dose!

I got another mini shoot with him soon...he wants to take some rolling shots of the car and hopefully i will have something new installed on the car. :evil:

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    either way, its nice to have a blur free image rather than tell your client oops, one pic didnt come as clear as it should be. they may not notice but you sure will.

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    is there anything positive that comes out of your mouth besides the number of dicks a week? damn man

Kev, nice as always bro, keep it up. at least someone wants to take pics of your car.

I hear ya 9g i would to if i had a ballin ass tripod like that.

TGC Regular
    Were those pics takin in that new shopping plaza in O-town? My friend lives around there

when is we gon be free????

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgson316 View Post
    Were those pics takin in that new shopping plaza in O-town? My friend lives around there

The pics were taken in Baldwin Park. Used the be the old Naval training base...my dad actually was last stationed there and retired from the Navy there. Its a very nice place....like a little down with some high class cars.

Very similar to Celebration City near Disney if you are familar with that place.

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT View Post
    And hurry up and post those pics!
    I just wanted to reiterate this statement. It's been a couple of days and i just saw this thread. But i do know it takes a while for a photographer to release his work. they can get over picky and over critical of their own work.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    open photoshop. auto levels. done. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ice View Post
    I just wanted to reiterate this statement. It's been a couple of days and i just saw this thread. But i do know it takes a while for a photographer to release his work. they can get over picky and over critical of their own work.
    In this case yes:p He does good work and I told him not to rush and he prides his work...so I trust him. He has shown me a couple pics he is about 80% editing and they real good...can't wait for the finished product:smt047

Here is some of his recent work for those that are curious:

picture of the flare is pretty dope!
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast