The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Intake Manifold Question

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

Intake Manifold Question

I've been slowly collecting parts to boost the galant, and I have been looking for an intake manifold with better flow and also one that is less likely to break. I know about the outlander manifold, I was going to go that route, but then I had a thought, would an intake manifold made for an Evo 4G63 head bolt up to a 4G64 head? I have an evo 9 exhaust manifold and turbo, and those bolt right on, so I figured this might bolt on as well. If bolting up an evo intake manifold works, that gives us a huge range of options on manifolds.
    Anyways, if anyone has experience with this topic, please chime in.
    THanks
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Since I dont know for sure I probably should not comment but its seems like I remember someone trying it and there isnt enough room for it to fit and the hood to close. I could be wrong on that though.

Hmmm, I would understand if there were clearance issues against the firewall, but I would think if it was level with the valve cover or lower, it would fit. I know quite a few people with evos who have AMS sheetmetal manifolds, and there are two different kinds, one that is closer to the head, and the other one sticks out farther, I jsut wanna know if anyone has tried it, I may just try to find a cheap one and bolt it on.

Best bet is to ask IcedOut or Qnz.

Like I said I am just trying to recall what I thought I read and with as many boosted 4 cyl. guys here I would imagine have already explored this option. But again it is a good question to clarify for future reference.

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    I Always thought you could but you would loose cruise control...

I don't care about cruise control, mine is removed anyways because of my steering wheel.

aww nvm dont want your steering wheel anymore.. lol

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Make your own Martin, something like this.

^^^ What he said!!

Quote Originally Posted by dknight3 View Post
    aww nvm dont want your steering wheel anymore.. lol
    There are versions with cruise control, so you can retain it anyways, it's plug and play, I just got a version without it, Im just gonna transfer over the cruise control unit from my USDM wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    Make your own Martin, something like this.

I was actually gonna ask what intake manifold that was before the other thread got locked, so it's custom, hmmm, interesting.

no the 4g63 intake manifolds do not fit on the stock head, outlander or custom are your only choices.
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

audio_uphoria
    I heard the outlander intakes wont bolt right up. If this is true what do you need to mod?

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    heres a picture of the outlander manifold next to the evo intake manifold

and heres a thread covering this same topic...
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...ight=outlander

Ok, thanks!

http://www.club3g.com/forum/automoti...lve-cover.html

he has one for sale, im still running a stock intake manifold had no issues yet and been boosted 2 years almost knock on wood!
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR