The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: OEM Carpet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 25

OEM Carpet

I have searched and the last time it was asked no one had an answer so maybe someone has had some luck since. I am looking to change my factory carpet out to black and wanted to know if anyone knew anywhere I could buy a pre-molded kit in black? Any info would be great, also I am looking for OEM quality no some shitty off brand. Thanks in advance.

Never seen a premolded kit for our cars. But you can use a carpet or upholstery dye that would work just as well, I know several members here have done the dye method.

Do you know a specific brand of dye that works well? I kinda figured that the pre-mold was a long shot and have no problem dying it i guess and would probably be cheaper.

i think a member posted his install using the site above and it looked great but im not 100% sure. Im also looking for blk carpet but dont want nothing cheep and something which will stand time/usage.
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Yea I remeber seeing that member but dont remember the name.

Thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktown_1843 View Post
    Nice. I'd love to get a black G with a black interior with red stitching...

audio_uphoria
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    Nice. I'd love to get a black G with a black interior with red stitching...
    <- Drools

Black on Black with red stitching would be sick!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktown_1843 View Post
    if you use this site "12290381062557" put that code under "how did you hear about us" for a 5% discount. offer last til dec 7th.
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    I got mine from stockinteriors.com

On a scale of 1-10 the fit is about an 8. Its molded, but its not as tightly molded as OEM and they give you alot of excess around the edges so you have to trim. You also have to cut your own holes around the console and for the seat brackets and trunk release handle, etc.

You must understand though that nobody will ever make a carpet as good as OEM. The only other way to do it, is buy a new OEM carpet, or if your old one is in good condition, clean it and have an upholstery shop wrap your factory carpet with black carpet. They wrap it just like they do door panels. A good local place quoted me $250 to do it, but I instead got the black carpet from stock interiors for about $120 shipped.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    I got mine from stockinteriors.com

On a scale of 1-10 the fit is about an 8. Its molded, but its not as tightly molded as OEM and they give you alot of excess around the edges so you have to trim. You also have to cut your own holes around the console and for the seat brackets and trunk release handle, etc.

You must understand though that nobody will ever make a carpet as good as OEM. The only other way to do it, is buy a new OEM carpet, or if your old one is in good condition, clean it and have an upholstery shop wrap your factory carpet with black carpet. They wrap it just like they do door panels. A good local place quoted me $250 to do it, but I instead got the black carpet from stock interiors for about $120 shipped.

i had a similar experience with a carpet i bought on ebay. molded but you had to cut, trim, etc...

might have been the same company i paid about 120 too.
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

Stewi if you think about it once you get everything back together take a pic of the carpet if you dont mind so we can see how well it actually fits. Thanks

Nevermind just saw you build thread. Looks pretty good. Thanks

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    No problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Modified
    I got my carpet from www.auto-interior.com. The layout was perfectly matched to the interior, but just had to do some trimming. I just got mine about 3 months ago and it looks great.

I bought them for my last car and it was exactly just like Stewi described it. If you take your time installing it and trimming it you should be ok. And please trim the edges where the door sills are AFTER you put your seats and other interior pieces in
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Quote Originally Posted by Modified View Post
    I got my carpet from www.auto-interior.com. The layout was perfectly matched to the interior, but just had to do some trimming. I just got mine about 3 months ago and it looks great.
    can you show us some pics
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast